Running a rebuilt S3 engine in?

campbell

Reaction score
Recently i had my Audi S3 rebuilt, i have been advised to not go above 2750rpm for 500 miles. Im approaching 500 miles and dropping the oil and filter tomorrow, can anyone advise me how i should drive the car afterwards- rpm, max speed wise?

Cheers

If you have run it in for 500 miles, I see no reason not to let rip! lol :racer:

On a serious note, maybe do a full throttle run on 2nd gear to the redline to see if everything is boosting nicely with no odd noises to build some confidence up. You are going to have to make use of the power some time, so I'd just drive it how you would normally.

Recently been through the same process myself mate.

Complete rebuild after some major devastation. 2003 BAM. Anyway, I ran steady for 500 miles (kept things below 3000rpm) and changed oil/filter. Ran it a bit harder for next 2000 miles, redlined a couple of times as suggested in 2nd and 3rd gear - just kept checking levels constantly, tried to keep oil level at 3/4 ish. My confidence was building more and more - but its a good thing as I think I have become a lot more aware of things going on now, check oil level every day etc. I changed the oil and filter again after 2000 miles and Im back to driving it normally now. Im typing this from somewhere deep in Hungary (feels like the end of the world!), but the 1300 miles to get here on the autobahns were great fun !

I did 1000 miles in mine, changed the oil and filter, and then resorted to my normal driving style. Which is repeatedly thrashing it.

6000 miles down, no smoke, sweet as.

As Bill says: 'Welly by name, Welly by nature'.

Genius.

You've done 6k since the rebuild, which was what, 8 weeks ago???? That must have cost a bit in fuel...

I do ~8k a year!

LOL, was in Feb mate, middle of Feb to be exact. So yeah, 8 weeks....

I use my car for work, and I do a lot of driving. And get money back - although the 40p a mile just about covers fuel.

those 8k include burn outs down maccie Ds on saturday night dont forget

I heard Maccy D's trays are better for drifting than the KFC ones, Welly. ;)

Thanks for the advice guys, guess ill drive it normally then. Be nice to open it up a bit more, i think everything on the road has overtaken me so far!