Lowering s3

dragonstyle

Reaction score
Im planning on lowering car - can anyone advise what coilovers to go for? i want to drop the car and keep the standard alloys, i cant be assed with changing rims....plus anyone got any advise on how to make the drive more softer! what changes theyve done?

Mine's dropped on H&R Coilovers also H&R anti-roll bars and Forge Adjustable rear tie bars(a must when lowering S3) runs on 19's surprisingly well...so with standard rims should be spot on..

H&R anti-roll bars and Forge Adjustable rear tie bars - u mention a must? what do these do? help with handling or do they soften the ride?

I just lowered mine on coilovers and now i think the standard 17" rims look way too skinny and undersized.

i suppose you guys can fit some spacers, which is illegal in our market.

some 1" spacers on the rear would do just nicely!! LOL

Im planning on lowering car - can anyone advise what coilovers to go for? i want to drop the car and keep the standard alloys, i cant be assed with changing rims....plus anyone got any advise on how to make the drive more softer! what changes theyve done?

Why go with coilovers? Is this purely a cosmetic upgrade?

Tried and tested solutions like B8 + H&R springs, upgraded circa 22mm front 19mm rear ARB's are also another way of getting the best out of the S3 platform. If it's purely cosmetic then get coilovers! :)

My car has the above + lots of other bits which I wanted replacing at the same time. Mine also runs stock Avus rims.

Advice on making the drive softer? Softer shock absorbers and springs will only make the ride terrible and very sloppy, as if the car isn't like that stock. The B8 + H&R setup isn't harsher in any way it's just got less movement, so there's more of a direct feel while driving the car. It is slightly more bumpy when on bad road surfaces but it's a sacrifice i was willing to make for a stiffer chassis!

The question you need to ask is why are you lowering your car? What do you want from it?

G

Last edited:
You may struggle to lower your car and soften the ride.

Do you have a budget in mind as to what you want to spend on changing the suspension?

Damian @ DPM Performance

FSD's and standard springs I would agree but add the likes of Eibach or H&R springs on the S3 8L I'd say the ride will almost certainly be stiffer then factory.

Damian @ DPM Performance

im on ap coilovers with19s and my car is quite low, i dont think the ride is that much stiffer than standard

adjustable tie bars are a must depending how low you want to go as the camber will be well out if you go to low.
my rear tyres had less than half the tyre making contact with the road before fitting adjustables not nice throwing away £100+ tyres just because the inside edge was show canvass lol