XS Power Down pipe and cat modifications

Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
The dreaded XS Power S3 down pipe and cat have been talked a lot about on here, not all good as the fitment of the pipe is poor but my guide show what needs to done to make it fit

P1060003.jpg

Where the red is you need to grind this edge with a flap sander on a angle grinder

this is what it should look like when done

P1060011-1.jpg

Now the hole in the flange, they don't line up at all and need enlarging

Put the pipe upto the turbo and you can see where they need enlarging, you can use a old gasket to use as a guide, also grind the corner off the flange as there is very little room to clear the stud in most heads

P1060004.jpg

P1060007.jpg

P1060006.jpg

And the last thing is the sniffer

It does sit close to the manifold but if you drill the flange right then there will be enough clearance for it but difficult to remove if you need to renew the sensor

P1060008.jpg

andrew i have also fitted this downpipe and had problems where sports cat connects to the rest of the system was sitting too low and hitting the ground, does yours not sit too low. mike

good write up tho

Last edited:
pipwerx went straight on mine with no messing, id rather pay a little more for a far greater product even though im more then capalbe of doing the moddifications you have done to fit this part, whats the long term condition of this down pipe going to be as well time will tell i guess.

not trying to have a dig so hope i havent offended you by my comments

Not at all kev, I plan to go BT in the future and this down pipe will be cut up to fit the BT so i wasn't really bothered about the modifications

Lots of people have had these pipes and i know of one thats been on the car for years without any problems so for me it was worth it

i always read that there really poor quality and to avoid all there stuff like the plauge, any reports on the manifolds then??

There not really poor quality just poor fitment

I may have a look at the relentless manifold that XS sell for them, there are very poor copy's of the relentless ones