S3 Damage :(

The bonnet. Like - Dislike? Simples....

• Total voters

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd pop up a couple of foties of the damage Mr. Knobber did to my car :(

To be fair, the damage to the car isn't too bad - the impact wasn't fast and the wheel took the brunt (and seems to have come off OK - a few scuffs aside). Still, there are dents in what was a nicely flared arch!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Anyway - on the plus side, my stone chips in my bonnet will be repaired courtesy of Mr. Knobber.

Well, I say repaired - what I actually mean is that I'm having the bonnet painted matt black. I fancy a change, the the bonnet is in a gash state. So I thought I'd give it a blast!

It's going to be a marmite thing me thinks.

oh god...

copy cat!

DSC02432.jpg

hehe

Hmmmmm. You know full well that the Badgerwagen is where I got the idea from....

Just think of it as a day to day, road going (substantially less powerful), Wellywagen. :icon_thumright:

I'd agree with Matt on that, judging by the sorry state of repairs on my old car around that area.

ouch. id get that properly checked before deciding your happy with any "repair"

It's fine mate, tracking wants doing, but thats about it. I've had the wheel off and on the balancer, and checked the rear suspension. All tickety boo.

Not surprised lad. Good stuff. The other one back/gone in yet for the front bumper? Wasn't it up for MOT some point soon as well?

Not surprised lad. Good stuff. The other one back/gone in yet for the front bumper? Wasn't it up for MOT some point soon as well?

I've had to kerb that idea of getting the bumper painted sadly, due to lack of funds to do so. I've bought a touch up stick, will touch in and then mop with G3 which should make it tons better.

Wheels are still going to be done before sale though.

It went through it's MOT with no advisories at all, so has 12 months ticket on it now.

My brother has just sold his X5, so he's robbed it off of me for a week or so whilst he's in between cars, so all plans for it on hold at the moment.

Monday morning thank god. I hate driving it round dented :(
I drove my S around for a week with wires were where the side mirrors were meant to be....that was a bit strange.
( btw had a note from old bill if stopped)

Mines have a few dents sorted at the moment, so im stucking riving my van around in the evenings. At least insurance is paying for yours, I gotta pay 700 gold coins

Woooooo hooooooo.

The Bumblebee is back, looking more like a bumblebee than ever.

I am VERY happy with the repair work on the rear arch, looks fantastic, and considering the extent of the damage, the repair is to a very high quality. Paint match is spot on as well.

Now - to the big one..... The bonnet. They had a lot of trouble painting it, and getting it to the right colour took 4 attempts, but I am very happy with the final results. I will (in time) be adding some headlight spoilers in matt black, and repaiting the grille surround and Audi badge. The roof and rear spoiler will also be vinyl wrapped in matt black.

Anyway - here is the final product as it now stands....

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

This is a close of up the repair work done of the rear arch.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

:thumbsup:

Thoughts?

Carbon bonnet, black roof, carbon boot yes....Black bonnet your just someone who hasnt got round to painting it yet lol.

Carbon bonnet, black roof, carbon boot yes....Black bonnet your just someone who hasnt got round to painting it yet lol.

Carbon isn't my thing personally. Roof will be going black, as will the spoiler. Boot lid will remain yellow.

Real carbon ofcoarse not a skin ontop of the metal. I would've been tempting with a grey colour to match the side and rear strips.

I did think that, but I don't really like the grey colour to be honest. I'd rather have those bits painted matt black too.

Plus black and yellow matches the interior very well.

will probably look loads better when roof is done.

I picked mine up on monday from having a whole front and side resprayed, plus filling a couple small dents. I am now scared to drive it, And when I do im now keeping a firm distance from the stone flickers in front.

wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it wrap it!!!!!

welly mate wrap it! :eyebrows:

I like it mate, agree on not doing the tailgate:icon_thumright:

i think it looks good. id get some photoshopping done before tackling the rest

wrap the snout to the grill and it will tie that front end up a bit I think, + rood, rear spoiler like my ibiza

Agreed Bill, the Ibiza works because of the front end layout as discussed!

I am going to add a poll to get people's thoughts in an easy to read format!

As said, I like it, so thats all that really counts. Can't wait to get the roof done as well! But people's opinions interest me....

You haven't added an 'On the fence until the roof and spoiler is done' option on the poll :)

<tuffty/>

Not a big fan sorry.

With just the bonnet being done it looks like you stuck a new bonnet on and never bothered painting it.

I'll revote when the other bits are done !

Looks too much like a taxi from a Lazarote airport for me mate :)

i dislike but saying that if the wheels and bonnet were matching blacks i think it would make a big difference

Imho the front doesn't look right. The Ibiza above has the two yellow horns sticking up through the black grille to meet the black bonnet whereas your S3 has the yellow frame around the grille. I agree with a comment further up that it looks like you have bunged on a new bonnet and haven't got around to painting it yet.
But hey, long as you like it.