Newbie with some questions

Mitchell

Reaction score
Hi there,

New to this forum but not new to the scene. Into my VAG/German cars and have currently got an A3 2001 AUM 1.8T.

First car i've had with a fairly decent engine. Always messed about with the way my cars look, coilovers, nice wheels etc... But this is the first car that I have had which is worth doing engine upgrades to.

What I've done so far.

1:- Forge 007p dumpvalve
2:- Pipercross dry panel filter
3:- Remap

From my engine code, I was pretty sure my car is running a K03s but have been told different by a few people?

What would be my next mod.

Ive been told to start looking for a turbo back exhaust? What brands do people recommend or use? Im in the Bucks area. Also, what sort of prices to i need to prepare myself to pay for one.

I would post some pictures up but my wheels and coilovers are on order so car looks pretty standard. Only thing i have done externally is debadged the rear.

AUM ought to be ko3s.

after that i suppose it depends on what you want to achieve from the car

Lovely, cheers boys.

So what do you guys use exhaust wise on here? I've heard good things about Miltek. Cat back or do people recommend turbo back.

With regards to what I want out of my car. I would ideally like to go to a stage 2. But money restricting so it will be a very slow process.

Get to an exhaust fabrication place and get one made.... it'll be cheaper than Miltek. Plus there have been some quality issues with a few Milteks lately.

Yea a milltek cat back system are good, in steps towards a stage 2. Exhaust system, sports cat, 3" downpipe, fmic