High mileage BT upgrades

Jay

Reaction score
Seems as though more people are going down the BT route....kinda got me thinking aswell but problem is I have an A3 so fwd and its on 103K miles.
Is a BT kit advisable on fwds A3's and mileage like mine ? Another worrying thing is it goes through maybe a litre of oil every 1200 miles.

I did my conversion at 100k and have no issues... oil consumption could be due to a number of reasons but and decent company should advise when they strip the engine to fit rods etc...

I checked bore wear on mine when it was apart and it was fine... no steps on the thrust side, rings all good so I just cleaned everything thoroughly and refitted.

Oil consumption could well be down to the turbo itself which is what you will be changing on a BT conversion but obviously difficult to comment without knowing the car...

VAG engines are pretty solid tbh, as long as they are serviced properly and not neglected then 100k is nothing.

Going BT on a FWD car is not a prob as long as you don't go silly with power if you plan to use it as a road car... have a look on SEAT Cupra net as there are loads of Ibizas and Leons with BT conversions there.

<tuffty/>

cheers mate, what did yours make on the dyno? and how much did your conversion cost if you don't mind me asking. PM if you want.

with the oil consumption, are you sure its not leaking it? ive not known practically any 20vts to use oil. hell, even my 200k mile old golf uses less than that

no signs of leakage. some people say its normal...can't see where its going.....no snoke when driving or anything out of the ordinary

cheers mate, what did yours make on the dyno? and how much did your conversion cost if you don't mind me asking. PM if you want.

Currently between 350 and 380 but I have outstanding EGT etc probs to fix so should be nearer the 380 when sorted... mods aren't finished yet so should be looking at around the 400 mark once all done..

No idea on price... stopped counting... I have been doing mine of the period of a year plus I had some of the prerequisite mods in place before I went BT... Email or phone Bill at Badger 5 for quote if you want to go down that route....

<tuffty/>