Extended Audi Warranty for my S3

L1ARR

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about extending my warranty with Audi. Has anyone extended their warranty recently if so how much did it cost? Do Audi charge UK cars differently to UK Import cars if so why and what is the difference in cost.
Do dealers have a price structure that they have to stick to or can they ask what they want?? My warranty runs out in November 04 and I only cover 5k per year in the S3.

Hi Dicky, On my last car (2000 Quattro Sport) the local Audi dealer wanted somewhere in the region of £400-£500 to extend the warranty for another year. I'd already had a faulty Air Mass meter replaced under the warranty so took the chance not to renew it at that price. Only thing to go wrong since then was the dump valve which I bought and replaced myself.

i have just been looking at a 2001 s3 with 42k on the clock, the seller has just extended it after its initial 3 years, and to re-iterate what RGS3 said, he was charged 400 notes

With that little mileage I would definately not renew. Find a good specialst and get them to do the maintenance, you'll save big time. Both our Audi's are now out of warranty and serviced by Autotechnik, and we have saved over £1,500 in 2 years. Southampton Audi wanted £700 per car for a years extension. What does that say about faith in their own product?

RAC and AA offer Warrenty on any car any make thats under 10 years old and within 100,000 miles, its very reasonably priced and quite comprehensive on major parts and offers some labour as well.

Its something I've considered if Audi warranty is too expensive next year.

I looked into extending mine last week. Girl at Lomond Audi said that the warranty was £525 inc VAT, BUT the car would have to go in for a 71point check at a cost of £84.00+VAT and anything found faulty would have to be replaced / repaired before they would grant the warranty.

Asked girl to fax me over the 71 point check. That was last week. Still hasn't bothered her ****. I certainly am not prepared to chase someone to give them business!

Can see my self paying for all that to find you need to spend £££ to get the warranty in the first place.

Am I correct in saying that Audi Warranties cover all parts and labour costs. If I extend the warranty with Audi would it be the same as a Audi manufacturers warranty??
I was considering getting the car serviced with my local Audi stealer. Whilst being serviced they would carry out the 71 point check, if anything needed changing it would be carried out under warranty and then I can extend.

I'm in the same boat as Al (hello Al!), but I didnt have to pay for the £70 check as my dealer said as long as the car is still within warranty and has been serviced by them its not required. I paid around £500 too, from Audi main dealer.

Dunc