CONVENIENCE UNIT

durk

Reaction score
HI GUYS DO U KNOW THE LOCATION OF THE CONV UNIT IN A3 2001 1.8T??? I HAVE A NUMBER OF ISSIUES AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD COULD BE RELATED TO THAT

No caps please...

What are the issues you are having, i believe these need to be tackled via VAGCOM.

hi sorry about the caps!!
basically when i bought the car the fob didn t work and i was told needed a new one so 200 notes later i have a new key and fob but the car still wan topen remotly! and at audi i was told the con v unit had some 36 errors that needed investigated further, at 60 £an hour plus the cost of a new unit of 500£:banghead: so i decided to give it a go myself! the audi meccanic was nice enough tto tell me that most probably it would be just a wire that is causing all this errors! basically the problems are: fob doesen t operate anything the led on the doors do not light up the alarm does not engagesometimes i close the door and the interior light stays on and the drivers window does pretty much what he wants:sorry: can u help????????? any ideas would be very much appretiated!

If the alarm doesn't engage, the leds on the doors don't light up and the interior light stays on then it sort of suggests to me that the door switch isn't working. Maybe I'm wrong but that'd be the first thing I'd look at. That doesn't really explain the window, though.

mmmmm intresting!! is the door switch the one in the door lock??? because when i activate that with a screwdriver it seems to work ! well it operates the light at the bottom of the door

The contact switch is in the lock, yes.

Yea thats the right switch and exactly how to check it as well.

Have you had the car on VAGCOM??

Might be worth getting it on there to see what the exact errors are and if you can post them up here, im sure someone will be able to help out some more.

thanks guys i will try! in the mean time can u help with the location of the conv unit?????

possibly!!! but i had found a thread wich explained about a unit by the foot rest of the passenger seat!!! unfortunatly i can t find that thread anymore!!!!