S3 vs Imprezza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presume you're refering to a point in this thread that I've not (been bothered to) read? Standard Clio is great, but by no means fast. Add a very low (relatively) amount of money to them and they become exceptionally fast. I'm talking 300-400 bhp with a s/c or turbo conversion. That's sub 5 seconds.

Right, now I've actually read the thread (Sorry Tim, should have done so after your PM!);

A Clio 17/82 will be very quick in the corners. If the R32 vs Clio race was down twisty roads, I would be tempted to back the Clio, especially if the driver knew his car well enough. As mentioned, standard they are excellent. Low cost suspension mods, they are epic. Mine had no "go" but would see off a lot of cars through the round abouts down the local bypass. Coilovers, top mounts, spacers, strut braces (not a lot of gains) and neg camber at the front.

However, straight race, the R32 was obviously running badly, or had been mapped very badly (hadn't realised you could actually get anything out of the 3.2 lumps . . .)

As mentioned, I will find Jon's videos of the local tunnels vs anything from Mazerattis, R32s, Rarris, Porsches etc. 350bhp in a gutted Clio is scary quick.

I'm not getting or refering to anyone in particular! Don't be offended!

From what I've read here in this very thread this Clio is standard. The R32 Mapped and who knows what the TVR has had done or if it's running on 1 cylinder! I just don't get pointless threads titled Vs as they are never cars of the same type i.e rear wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, Front wheel drive, ones with extra cylinders, ones with twin turbo's all Vs the S3.

Can't we just be happy with the cars we have and think yea that Focus ST is faster, yea it's got a good chassis and an extra cylinder, or that CTR has an extra 200cc and is normally aspirated, instead of jumping on one bandwagon all the time and seeing threads after threads about the same things and the same cars!

If people think that the Impreza is a better car and would like one then buy one, asking questions which are plainly obvious seems like a waste of time. I know it's a discussion forum, I'm well aware of that but how many times does a topic (specific) have to be covered before people get the idea that an S3 is an S3 and an Impreza, CTR, RX8/RX7, Focus ST/RS are just different cars completely.

There are various cars which out pace my car even in a remapped state, who cares! I'm happy with the car, could do with more power but hey ho, money and time! :)

Jack-a-nory springs to mind with some of the comments made in this thread, believe what you will but I've a fair idea of whats the truth and whats not!

G

You know me fella, wasn't having a go at you, just couldn't work out the gist of the thread :)

yup. and hire cars are the fastest cars on the road

Don't forget the AS.net sticker = +27bhp. Couple of those and I'll be out doing 10 second cars, y0.

excellent. its common knowledge that youll go faster with the seated folded down

So is the chav's pride in the liquid yellow Clio 182 that just failed heavily down the bypass. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.