heres some better pics of my engine bay

mk1kid

Reaction score
right after speaking to a few members i thought id try shed some light on my problem
the n75 valve has 2 outputs the 1 directly on top goes to my actuator
the second goes to the metal pipe maybe a charge pipe if tht right

now the dv problem on top of my air pipe where the maf is theres a circle bosch plastic valve and a bailey dv which vacum is from underneath the crankcase breather hope pics help the car just seems slow as hell and smokes
im thinking either turbo seals or pcv system problem or valve stem seals but think its either turbo or pcv related thank you and all help and suggestions welcome
ps ignore the yellow pipe at the back of engine bay its a temporary thing

09052010095.jpg

09052010094.jpg

09052010093.jpg

09052010093.jpg

09052010090.jpg

have you been fiddling kid..?? lol could of swarn your top n75 pipe was attached to a blue silicone pipe in your other pic! lol

yeh i changed it the weekend to see if the pipe was split anywere but wasnt so put it bk today haha i forgot until i looked at the pic but what u see in pics is how the engine bay is now

i knw lol engine bays going to have a life sort lol

WTF is the yellow hose thats attached to the charge pipe?????

Where is that going???

<tuffty/>

lol thts a temporary pipe the 1 tht was on there was tiny with a bung in.
so i thought that because its so tiny is oil going up the little pipe and then bk dwn into the charge pipe then running into intercooler causing it to smoke.
so basically tht yellow pipe is just a long pipe with a bung in the end i thought that cud be the reason why its smoking or doesnt it matter hw short tht pipe is
the pipe was as big as a cigarette before

OK, looking at these pics now......

your N75 is plumbed in fine, but put a jubilee clip on the upper leg that doesn't have one.

Get a forge 007, for the vertical takeoff (inline with the piston) into your turbo intake pipe, where you currently have a 25mm bung.

Connect that yellow pipe to the other horizontal take off on the forge DV, and run the blue vacuum line to the top of the DV, cut ot down of course.

then you'll be sorted, use the 25mm bung you've removed to plug up the nasty DV take off on the throttle body hose

PM me your address and ill send you a Standerd DV i have no use for it.

WTF is the yellow hose thats attached to the charge pipe?????

Where is that going???

<tuffty/>

LOL, exactly my thoughts. A bit of garden hose if I'm not mistaken? That pipe will be getting extremely hot as it is connected to the charge pipe immediatly post turbo - I'd be replacing with some silicone personally.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. I'm not sure that any of these issues will be the cause of your smoking - however they will not be helping performance at all.

If I were you, I would remove all the small piping - all the pipwork under the inlet manifold, pipe to DV and replace it all with new silicone hosing. This way it's new - you know it's a) been done right and b) it's not split. Buy some of this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4mm-Silicone-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f27f996a.

Once all this is done, and correct diverter valve installed - then start looking for your issues. You can't diagnose a problem properly when everything is in that sort of state really.

Also - lose the connection to the solid metal pipe down the left hand side of the head (DV Pipe I would imagine). You simply don't need it. Connect the pipe from the inlet manifold directly to the top of the DV, and unbolt and throw away that little bit of hard pipe.

Either that or find the bloke who made this mess and insert it into one of his bodily cavities.

Last edited: