what gearbox code matches engine code ASV

sjfedex

Reaction score
Hi All,
My son has just bought an A3 'S' reg 1.9tdi with engine code ASV,but it revs very high(wrong gearbox-engine code match) I suspect.What gearbox code should I be looking for??and where on the gearbox is it stamped??Any help please..
rgds Steve

Doh!

Last edited:
Hi ....Thanks for that,before i make a purchase,can we be absolute with this code GQQ??Spoken with Audi Stealers,no help at all.Any websites I can check please??
rgds Steve

For a 2000 A3 TDI with that engine code, ElsaWin lists 2 boxes. EBF and EGS. The location of the code letters is on top of the box to the left of the selector (where the cable linkage attaches).

The correct gearbox code for your car will also be written on the audi data sticker in the boot and on the same sticker in the service manual, if you have it.

Hi There,
Many thanks,but A3 is a 1998 'S' reg,with an original engine of AHF,but has had a replacement with code ASV at sometime.I understand both these engines are 110 hp 81kw,therefore the original gearbox fitted with the AHF engine was DEA (not in car now).What does elsawin show for the AHF engine???
rgds Steve

Hi All...Many thanks for your info...Steve