Help! stereo problems

Delaney1

Reaction score
hey there guys just got myself a 99 s3 problem is the stereo keeps playing up volume all over the place so im looking to put an after market stereo in

problem is iv been researching how to do this and found i have a choice of 3 leads to do this

pc9-401

PC9-404

PC9-408

i have no idea what one

can anyone shed some light on this

the origanal stereo is a single din concert tape deck it has 6 disc changer in rear above sub box not 100% sure if is bose can someone please help thanks Dave

Please there has to be someone with some info ANY info would be great thanks Dave

Non Bose - PC9-404
Bose - PC9-410

401 & 408 are speaker input adapters for HU that don't have RCA's. They use a hi-lo converter to take your perfectly good amplified feed from the new HU back down to pre-amplified low level signal so it can be reamplified again by the Audi or Bose amp. the converter is very poor and will introduce hiss and interference into the system, so avoid.
To check if you have Bose just look at the "subwoofer", if it has a black front with two x 4" drovers then its Bose, if it has a metal front with a single 6" driver then its non Bose.
If you have Bose then you may get popping issues with the 410 adapter, depends on the HU you are fitting, some are OK some aren't. If this is an issue you have to use the 408 adapter but try the 410 first as it is a much cleaner solution.

Andymac you are a legend thanks so much !!!!

iv just ordered the lead so fingers crossed a

Thanks again Dave