What Dump valve to purchase...

mark_sarah

Limp mode!
Reaction score
You have all helped me to decide what air filter to purchase, and its in the post so many thanks.

My next purchase is a replacement recirculating dump valve!

Which would you consider the better? And which would you advise steering clear of?

And where can i get the best price? Also not interested in second hand parts!

I have looked at a few on ebay, but again there are no comparisons on gains.

This is one i believe that i hear everyone talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330378026736&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But i also found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370291938847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I like the idea of the sound it gives out, however i have a target of 265bhp i wish to reach, so if this would cause to much of a loss, that would be nice to know.

I've also seen a baileys dump valve on ebay, are these any good?

All your advise and help is greatfully appreciated.. :applaus:

You have all helped me to decide what air filter to purchase, and its in the post so many thanks.

My next purchase is a replacement recirculating dump valve!

Which would you consider the better? And which would you advise steering clear of?

And where can i get the best price? Also not interested in second hand parts!

I have looked at a few on ebay, but again there are no comparisons on gains.

This is one i believe that i hear everyone talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330378026736&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But i also found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370291938847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I like the idea of the sound it gives out, however i have a target of 265bhp i wish to reach, so if this would cause to much of a loss, that would be nice to know.

I've also seen a baileys dump valve on ebay, are these any good?

All your advise and help is greatfully appreciated.. :applaus:

A Bailey DV, or the Forge 007P will be fine. But don't pay £134.99 for it. Ever.

Get one from Damien @ DPM. See here: http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/for...ebr-a3-8l-18t-fwd-18t-quattro-0996-p-887.html.

Don't by a split-R Forge valve - as they suck. Simply.

Most tend to go for the Forge 007p. Some say that for the price, you can buy 5 standard recirc valves if and when they fail. The S3 uses a recirc valve rather than an atmospheric dump valve. If you use something different, the cars are meant to run badly, so I'd advise against this.

I will, personally, be going with the Forge item. It is well known, highly rated and comes as a package when I remap the car with JBS.

oh yeah, i suppose that could be seen as a "gain"

yup, 007p is just "bling"

I have only had my S3 for a less than a week, and previous cars have always been french hot hatches and non turbo, so go easy if I misunderstand a few things but.....

Isn't the purpose of an uprating to a 007p to handle more boost that a remap will produce. I thought the OE recirc valves cannot maintain higher levels of boost without venting, hence why you change the springs?

As I said above, this is my first turbo car and would like a fair bit of boost whine and venting sound (Ptish or however you guys call it! :laugh:) My car is stage 1 mapped and I have located what I think is a recirculating valve (to the right and behind the plastic head cover), but there is no branding that I can see but it is certainly after market as it's anodised purple. Is there anyway I can check that it's a recirulating valve and not a DV? Would a DV have a type of flute coming off it?

It appears a recirc valve will also let off a venting sound, but if it is located behind the engine cover, then how can the vented gas re-enter the air intake in order to make it "recirculating"(or have I got this completely wrong!)

What about the N75 everyone talks about. I assume this is a different part?

Going back on topic, the best way to obtain the loudest sound (hopefully not R5GT Turbo chavvy loud), is to use a cone filter. Can you use a cone filter in the OE plastic box to maintain the OE look? Doesn't turning the recirc valve the other way risk damaging anything?

Sorry for all the questions and for hijacking the thread, but I feel there are a few newbies that will be interested to hear the answers.

Many thanks
Graham

gman1981 this is my second turbo powered car. But the first i have decided to modify, hence why i started the thread.

How many pipes have you got coming off what you think is your dump valve? My first car had an atmospheric dump valve, made loads of noise, but had no go! I replaced it with a standard DV, and it felt like a new car.
It's possible yours could be an atmospheric dump valve, or a split Forge valve. If it is! your better off replacing it with a standard DV from your main Audi dealer, there about £35.

I'm sure i will be corrected if i'm wrong.

I'm looking at a stage 2 map, so would that not warrant replacing the DV for an up market replacement?

Nobody has commented on the Baileys dump Valve! Are they any good?

Bailey stuffs nice, they've been making stuff for turbo cars for years and its good kit. Forge seems more favored by the VAG lot though, no idea why...more readily available I think.

Sandips got a Bailey DV on his S3 I think?.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with bling. I got one because I could...so there
:)

I would go for a Forge 007p better then standard one and if your going for a remap your need it over the plastic one.

Ive got a offer on for this weekend only check it out in classifieds 007p's £75 delivered...

I run the Bailey dv on mine and it does have a nice sound. Nice and loud with a bar of boost as well. Easy to fit 2. i only got it for the sound it makes to be honest. no particular gains that i can feel anyway.

What i will say is that a mate brought an unbranded dv for his LCR and it made it run dog rough, almost no bosst, we put it on mine and my boost gauge was all over the shop. Not a good idea. As mentioned above, stay away from the split-R Forge valve - jack of all trades, master of none... as it were..

Baileys gets my vote, top stuff.

Forge 007P is very good if you want an after market DV, solid billet aluminuim construction and when my dv needed a service forge sent me a service pack in the post FOC :cool:

So it seems the 007p is the option. I too am
in the same boat. My car has a stage 1, I'd like the valve to sound a little louder but still look standard, would this be the option?

we only recommend fitting the 007P in the same position as the factory valve , you will usually find that if you run an open cone filter or induction kit that this increases the sound/loudness of the 007P...

Still have no idea what DV to purchase. I like the idea of the split Forge dump valve, which is also adjustable. Has anyone tried one?

I have! There has been one negative comment, and one positive. I'm fishing for someone who has managed to setup corrrectly! As these seem hard to setup......