Remove SERVICE warning?

mark_sarah

Limp mode!
Reaction score
As the title says, how do you remove the service light on the cluster?

I have Vag com, but i have not used it as yet..

not read the link above, but you don't need vagcom or garage tools to do this, it even tells you how to do it in the manual!

Hold in the left stalk and turn the ignition on whilst holding it pressed in, fiddle about with both stalks until you figure it out.

job done, takes about 15 seconds.

not read the link above, but you don't need vagcom or garage tools to do this, it even tells you how to do it in the manual!

Hold in the left stalk and turn the ignition on whilst holding it pressed in, fiddle about with both stalks until you figure it out.

job done, takes about 15 seconds.

i tryed that with my A3 and it never worked :(

It is in the manual, am pretty sure the instructions are already on here, it can be done just by the dash, ive done it a few times and it defo works.

what do you mean pushed in? which direction?

To add to what prawn said;

RESET SERVICE INDICATOR:

*Switch off ignition.
*Press right hand button on dash and hold while switching on ignition.
*The display should now read SERVICE!
*Immediately press and hold the left hand dash button until SERVICE! is cleared from the display (some cars you need to twist to the left instead).

CHECK MILES TO NEXT SERVICE:

*Check distance to next service with Left button (ignition on).
* The display will read SERVICE IN XXXX MILES. (Some cars you need to press the right hand button on dash and hold while switching on ignition. Don't press or twist the left hand button now or you might reset the mileage!)

NOTE: You need to have the doors shut for the above otherwise the open door symbol will overwrite your service indication! The service indicator can't be reset until the countdown miles says SERVICE or SERVICE in XXXX miles. If you need to reset the service indication before the countdown expires, possibly on some cars you may need to use VAG-COM - or wait until the countdown reaches zero and says SERVICE.

i have just been trying this for an hour in my car and eventually managed to turn off the service light, but i had to do it different from what people say on here and different from what my manual says. i had to hold in right button, then turn ignition on, then immediately pull OUT the left button and keep it pulled out until it says; service - - -, then i had to turn ignition back off still whilst holding out that left button, hope this helps someone who is struggling with turning off there service light!