New member from Aberdeen?

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw that the Dolphin grey 02-plate S3 that was for sale beside my work (Murison's @ BoD had it) has been cleaned for collection by its lucky new owner - just wondered if said owner has been on here? An existing member, or maybe a new face?

Welcome, either way. I would say the club is exclusive, but up here I'm not sure it is... I see 2 or 3 8L S3 a day now.

Oil capitol meant everyone bought S3's to begin with and then upgraded to porsches.....lol :p

Not many up here at all. I see more mk2 Focus RS's.

Yeah, all the Porsche boys have moved back down to RSs. They seem to be everywhere too - I thought they were meant to be limited run?

I'm ND51 - usually try to wave if I see an S3, but the other drivers never seem to notice.

MG owners are great for waving back! Ok, most of them are pensioners (predictably) but there is another dude around my age in the area who has one of these;
MO08_r199_01.jpg

and he always waves. Once he stopped to help me when my exhaust had been ripped off by a nasty pothole.
It's good when there's a sense of comradery within a group of folk with a similar interest.

Hey guys, it was I who bought the dolphin 02!

Thanks for the warm welcome - i've already been on asking questions about fault codes so i'm in no doubt i'll be asking heaps of questions. First S3 so very excited!

I'm also in Abz (live in BOD too) if i spot an S3 driver and normally wait to see if they wave as if you wave first you tend to get the 'ehh why you waving at me' look.. reg end HVG if you spot me :)

Welcome Iain, these folks are fairly helpful, cant think of anything i have asked and not had answered yet!

I won't lie, was tempted to look into getting it myself. I wanted a Dolphin Grey when looking for my car, but there just weren't any for sale. Although, having said that, if you're on asking about fault codes already then maybe I dodged a bullet there (jk)!

Don't say that Martay! GOt a presale check done and three came up, looking to get them sorted before I take it away! Where do you guys get your cars' serviced?

Don't worry, you can't have found one with more problems than my own! Looked nice when I was having a snoop the other week, could do with some 18"s though, haha.

I've only had mine a little over a year, and I took it to Audi in Altens for the service (wanted at least one thorough check over of the car). It wasn't cheap, but at least I got a list of things to get sorted. AW Autotech was the last garage I used for getting my DP replaced, wasn't cheap either but a lot better than dealer rates. Don't go to Bavaria, on Hutcheon St. Had a few mates go there and not have a great experience.

To be fair to Bavaria, they know their stuff.. They just stick their noses up when they get busy with porkers etc.. I get my mate to do it who owns a garage beside Pitodrie, much cheaper than Audi and does the same job :)

Yeah, took them 3 weeks to order a radiator for a 3-series coupe, and they ordered the wrong one. Ended up taking a month to do a few days' work. Where abouts near Pittodrie, because AW is down that way to (just across from the new Uni "sports village")? There's a place on Forest Avenue Lane that do mostly mods and they know a VW tech that does "homers" for a lot of their usual clients and mates.

welcome to the forum matey..... rarely does this type of situation come up ;)

And congrats on the best and fastest colour, also one of my first choices along with cream leather ;)

Tim

AW Autotech all the way - i've taken both my Audis there and they're very good, not the cheapest but very good. Martin there knows his stuff.
Took my old A4 to Bavaria Auto Werk and they did a good job but jesus christ was it expensive! I definately got looked down upon when I had to split the bill over two credit cards!

wow theres a few members in aberdeen. i joined the club on monday. no S3 though just a 1.6 sport
and im looking for a garage for the next service.

Just think how many there'd be if everyone is Aberdeen was on here! I know (of) at least two other guys who aren't, and must have seen close to a million more S3s in the past year. And that's not counting the 8P guys either.

yep me in aberdeen too tho car lives in shetland most of the time when im offshore. but cheers for the tips on the garages i spent a small fortune in Bavaira last year and was mostly servicing and checking!! anyone know and good (reasonably priced) bodyshops this way??

Picked her up on Saturday! Abosolutely love it. Likes the fuel though! Can't wait to get into the car, such a pleasure!

I once got a good quote from pitodrie car stadium, but went sumwhere else out in banchory, so couldnt tell you if they are good or not. But i did get alot of quotes in aberdeen and they were the cheapest.

You work at Mc****** the new building? Possibly waved at me last week when i was turning at the caravan park?

yip thats me only waved because of the earlier posts on this thread.
so we need all need to agree to some sort of secret wave between ASN members
or is that sad?

A few 8Ls in Aberdeen the :) Im one too. Don't see all that many like

Haha might have let me out then Martin :laugh: Your car looks pretty clean, how come your thinking of selling?

Myk, where abouts are you in Abz? I float about a fair bit so have seen plenty S3's going about..

what about joining me at the next Aberdeen meet i was the only 8l turned up last time.
see the photos at the thread for small local events.
not advertised anywhere but a couple of people on here may be interested and i would like to see her go to a good home the car is far to good for my needs.

new member from just outside aberdeen here! stay in inverurie, bought the s3 private from a chap in aberdeen, red s3 with chavy black wheels soon to be bbs ch's. num begins with S3, think im gonna be waving at all the s3 owners in aberdeen now after reading this thread:laugh:

Hi

Im an 8L S3 owner from Aberdeen too!! I see plenty of S3's going about, maybe have to start waving at other s3 owners aswell.

new member from just outside aberdeen here! stay in inverurie, bought the s3 private from a chap in aberdeen, red s3 with chavy black wheels soon to be bbs ch's. num begins with S3, think im gonna be waving at all the s3 owners in aberdeen now after reading this thread:laugh:

KB - Were you by any chance in stonehaven in the last week??

stev

My bro was working up north n spotted an 8L S3 with the number plate S3 210HP, can't rember exactly where he seen it but he's got a pic somwhere, is this any of you guys?

Ewan.

Hi

Im an 8L S3 owner from Aberdeen too!! I see plenty of S3's going about, maybe have to start waving at other s3 owners aswell.

KB - Were you by any chance in stonehaven in the last week??

stev
Nope havnt been in stonehaven for a while, could of been the car tho i just bought it a week ago! num S3 EFO.

Nope havnt been in stonehaven for a while, could of been the car tho i just bought it a week ago! num S3 EFO.

Might have been you car but cant remember the number plate. But coming to think of it i havent seen it in a while :lmfao:

I have a red 8L S3 aswell so will keep my eye out for ya!

stev

maybe we should start giving a few blinks of the indacators when we pass to asn s3's, if its someone whos not on here they wont notice, save getting some dodgy looks!:sly:

I like that idea... a more subtle, but maybe more noticeable nod to other members.

I normally just raise a couple fingers with my hand still on the steering wheel to wave to someone.. Could be misconstrued as tapping to the beat of a song haha.

KB, i think i've came across your car a couple of times in the past.. Has it been well looked after?

KB, i think i've came across your car a couple of times in the past.. Has it been well looked after?
I hope so! it has full service history, seems pretty straight and tidy, time will tell ive only had it a short while.:unsure: think its been in aberdeen for a few years now the guy i bought it from had bought from a pal in aberdeen who had it for a couple years.

another aberdeen owner... Reg begins...OU51 soon to be J11 :) Imola yellow

Welcome to the site mate.. I'll probably see you about Abz at some point.. Reg starts HK51