Help me get my quattro working

cupra20v.t

Reaction score
I recently bought my s3 with the traction control light on and it won't turn off.

the front wheels just spin in the wet and it has no grip at all.

i have scanned it with vagcom and its bringing up "lateral acceleration sensor" circuit failure. i cleared the code, went for a spin and the fault code came back. would this sesnsor being down cause the quattro not to kick in??

i have searched some posts on here and i have checked the earth strap on the haldex unit on the rear subframe, the strap is in good condition.

i have located the lateral and longitudinal sensor but i havent swapped them over yet to see if the code changes from lateral to longitudinal.

i will do this tomorrow and report back.

can anyone advise me where to go from here? what tests can i perform, what can i clean, remove check etc.

i really want it sorted as it doesnt handle well amd with the revo remap the torque steer is terrible.

any help would be greatly received as its doing my nut in slowly.

At risk of stating the obvious; given that VAG-COM is kicking out a fault code, I'd suggest that the lateral acceleration sensor would be a good place to start by checking/replacing the sensor

The lateral acceleration sensor is part of the ESP system which is also part of the Haldex control system... if you have a fault with this component the controller does not use the haldex to make use of the 4wd system as it no longer knows when it should and fail safes to a state where it switches most of the related stuff off until its fixed.

Whats the exact code/fault that VAGCOM reports?

<tuffty/>