fitting S3 8P brakes to S3 8L?

123holah

Reaction score
Hi as i have been looking to upgrade my brakes i was wondering if its possible to fit standard front brakes (calipers and 345mm discs) off a new style S3 to my 2002 S3?

how much work is required if anyone has done it before and will i need adaptors? i was looking at brembos but i know of a local breakers where i can get the new style ones much cheaper than porsche brembos etc.

advice please?

Been discussed before pretty much... IIRC the calipers are the same but the discs are bigger which won't fit anyway as they are 5x112 PCD and not the 5x100 PCD of the 8L.

Best budget upgrade to 8L brakes IMO is Ferodo DS2500 pads, decent after market grooved discs and Motul RBF600 or 660 brake fluid.... beyond that its 4 pots but not Porsche Boxster/996 rear calipers as many people may have recommended as they are *****...

<tuffty/>

ok then, thanks that puts a stop to that! i was just looking around and thought they would look like OEM parts.

i think i will stick with decent replacenent discs and pads for now as advised.

you could swap hubs over to, this would allow fitment of the correct discs but then you would need to have the correct wheels.

So from that, you know the hubs fit direct?

I thought they were completly different setups? little did i know huh!

I spose you could have the discs redrilled, but it ever worth it for no real gain,unless the discs are massivly different in size to 312's

i did something like this http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?92068-Brembo-Calipers&p=975875
calipers from EVO X, not saying you do the same but there are plenty of options out there, just depends on your budget and time frame..:icon_thumright:

you can hardly call this a kit, as you had to have a chunk of machining done to make these up... which is all well and good if you have the facilities & skills, but if the OP does'nt this is not an option at all

the new style s3 discs are much bigger at 345mm (barely fit into 17's) and from the research i have done the calipers are quite a bit bigger so if they were an easyish swap it would have been a good upgrade. as it is, it sounds too much hastle and for what it would cost i would be as well to go for tried and tested brembos (911, junior GT etc)

as it is i have had the car 8 months so i will see how upgraded discs and pads suit me and upgrade again in the future if i feel the need!