183 g/s on a S3 BAM

Did you log it before?

The reason I ask being that the J Valve is notoriously more spikey than the C valve which is why they get fitted. I would say that is the cause for your extra boosty plops.... But I wouldn't complain too much..... LOL! :icon_thumright:

*cough* rods...*cough*

Ok, not at this level of boost maybe but be wary of anything that promotes boost spikes on these turbos...

<tuffty/>

*cough* rods...*cough*

Ok, not at this level of boost maybe but be wary of anything that promotes boost spikes on these turbos...

<tuffty/>

Ahhhh, I did think that, but that boost level should be OK I would of thought....? 17 PSI isn't that big a spike really.

Ye I did do logs before on the N75F valve and it was ok boost and g/s wise. Boost was a little low but still ok. N75 duty cycle hasn't changed though.

My car used to run good one day rubbish the next. Changed a few part, ruled out the MAF so the only thing left was the N75 valve so replaced it with a N75J and its running pretty good.

17psi is a bit high for standard map I think but still zero in the timing pulled in vagcom so should be ok. When I get it mapped, if it spikes to high I may remove it.

Last edited:
Allright then. Got a new MAF today!

Went to Audi today, told the guy I thought it was quite expensive as you guys said it would be around £80. Then he remembered me that you guys got a lower tax? I mean we got 25% VAT.

However I got 10% off and landed on £136. After a quick change out on the street, I left my old one behind.

And who could imagine, my computer sat in the passengers seat ;) so I did a quick log on the way home. And woops. I got 203,53 g/s. Improvement I say!
But the idle is still quite dodgy think I will try cleaning my throttle body?

As I am really new to vag-com logs. In what program do you guys read the logs? As default it opens in excel and it looks like a big mess. Quite hard to read the data you want to read?

Ah. £136 or 136Euros? That could be the difference?

Glad you've got it sorted, or at least partly sorted.

idle may be erratic due to ECU adaptions for the poorly MAF... you may find that it will sort itself out or it may be that you have a vacuum leak somewhere that you didn't realise you had...

Check block 032 on VAGCOM while the engine is idling, the 2 values in there should be pretty close to 0% (+/- 5%), if the first value is high the ECU is compensating for a vac leak..

<tuffty/>

What does the second value mean. My first value is 0.9 after a run but the second value is -7.8. What the -7.8 mean

done my A3 today. 197 g`s. im assuming thats ok?

found these too..

17978- Engine start Blocked by Immobilizer
P1570 - 35-10 --- Intermittent
18259 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controler
P1851 - 35-10 --- Intermittent

Last edited:
done my A3 today. 197 g`s. im assuming thats ok?

What engine is it dude? That's impressive air flow from an A3. Very impressive in fact. Almost too impressive?

Both Prawn and I have had AGU engines with K03S turbos. Mine made up to 180 and above and I don't think Prawn's ever made more than 190....

So I'm confuzzled....

Logged my friends 1.8T KO3S about a how ago and that had a maximum of 156 g/s from just a remap.

Logged my friends 1.8T KO3S about a how ago and that had a maximum of 156 g/s from just a remap.

Granted, good power is available from K03S turbos, BUT, I didn't think ALPINE was running a K03S, and if so, that MAF reading equates to 246 BHP. Which out of reach for a K03S, let alone a K03

Ye I was thinking thats is stupidly high just from a remap if thats all he has.

Alpine is that your bhp or g/s

I think 156 g/s (196 bhp) is pretty good from just a remap for a K03S. It goes very well.

You can get about 220 bhp stage 2 for a KO3S I think

KO3 is even less. Will struggle to make 200 bhp from a stage 1 map

Granted, good power is available from K03S turbos, BUT, I didn't think ALPINE was running a K03S, and if so, that MAF reading equates to 246 BHP. Which out of reach for a K03S, let alone a K03

na that aint right.... i wish i was running that power.

It did deffo read 197 tho.... on the missis lap as we was driving. Dont understand all this if im honest i just followed instructions. Its a AGU running 15 psi. Me and Byzan dropped this engine out of a standard car. I have not had the car mapped and nor did my pal who owned it before. Tho he always said it felt faster than his old A3 even tho its the same engine! Maybe its been mapped in its lifetime?? any way to tell?

how can i log this shizzle to show all you lot who know what your looking at?

Maybe you got a hybrid turbo and you didnt even know. My friends car made 197 bhp with a KO3S today which is remapped which is good.

Have you ot the log to upload

Maybe you got a hybrid turbo and you didnt even know. My friends car made 197 bhp with a KO3S today which is remapped which is good.

Have you got the log to upload

Have you got the log to upload

Haha! i will do another run later, ill try and get me mate to film it so i can upload whats happnin. i know what happens on ere if you start saying things without hard solid eveidence!! mite even get an independent ajudicator to sit in too!! lol

:icon_thumright:

197 isn't actually possible on an AGU MAF though!

The AGU MAF clamps at 187.15 g/s, that's it's max possible reading. the only way to get a fractionally higher airflow reading is when the altitude sensor applies a correction to the readings based on extreme barometric pressure., although I'm fairly sure that 197 is still impossible, as that's like a 5% correction. The most I ever saw was 189.29, for a fully sorted cc2 ko3S agu.

madness!

*shrugs his sholders....

like i said, ill do it again tonihgt.... ILL press all the buttons this time so i know it being done right. Sounds to me like we were reading the wrong block.

*shrugs his sholders....

like i said, ill do it again tonihgt.... ILL press all the buttons this time so i know it being done right. Sounds to me like we were reading the wrong block.

Either that or you have a mutant AGU....

tried this on my S3 lastnight highest i got was 201g/s

well it must be the weather, i was struggling to get 190s so bought 1 today £59 + vat from euro, gen bosh refurb, and.........222 not even up to the red line as it was not appropriate :hubbahubba:

Last edited:
I wonder how it is refrubed? Just cleaned? Because electrical contact cleaner is £3:idea::detective2:

they probably just renew components inside. Iv always got about 190g/s, complete rubbish. even after i got a brand new bosch maf from audi it was the same. So i out it down to the unknown map

they probably just renew components inside. Iv always got about 190g/s, complete rubbish. even after i got a brand new bosch maf from audi it was the same. So i out it down to the unknown map

Can't a Samaritan remapper let you know what map you have?

lol this thread along has caused about 3 people to immediately change their MAF's

I'm next:readit:

But it worked out well for me, changing my MAF =)

I will log block 032 when I got the time, I am back at work in Norway now =/ but it was good fun driving here with some extra power. Thought it pulled much better.

But as far as the log reading, does somebody have any idea how you avoid excel messing it all up? All the numbers are squeeezed together like I had an 2" screen :p

What does the second value mean. My first value is 0.9 after a run but the second value is -7.8. What the -7.8 mean

This could mean a couple of things... your MAF could be over reading actual airflow (188g/s being higher than normal but not unknown for a std S3) which means the ECU is fuelling accordingly but lambda is seeing the true AFR and the ECU is then pulling fuel back out to compensate... or... lambda is seeing more air due to leaking exhaust gasket/turbo gasket/turbo to DP gasket and is telling the ECU is getting a little bit confused...

The MAF can be tested by pulling the plug and driving about for 20mins or so, this should allow the ECU to re-adapt and if checking block 032 afterwards shows the long term to get closer to 0% this should indicate the MAF is the culprit else its an exhaust leak.. I think.. :)

Worth a punt either way... ECU adaption on long term can be up to +/- 10% by all accounts before its considered a more serious long term problem but typically it can hover +/-5%

<tuffty/>

Thanks for that info. I always thought my MAF was a bit dodgy but I think it was my N75 valve and the ECU had adapted to it and held boost back, but since changing it my boost, g/s, and mpg is much better.

My cars running the best it ever has (touch wood) but still when taking off at a set of traffic lights it surges as such or starts to boost and then dumps on its own sometimes, even if I keep the same throttle angle to travel at a steady speed it still boosts and dumps on its own. Its been the same with different MAF and N75 valve. It only in first when I initially take off.

I take it that having a -7.8% long term adaption means the ECU is pulling fuel out is it. Will have a look at some pipes on the weekend I think.

Thanks for that info. I always thought my MAF was a bit dodgy but I think it was my N75 valve and the ECU had adapted to it and held boost back, but since changing it my boost, g/s, and mpg is much better.

My cars running the best it ever has (touch wood) but still when taking off at a set of traffic lights it surges as such or starts to boost and then dumps on its own sometimes, even if I keep the same throttle angle to travel at a steady speed it still boosts and dumps on its own. Its been the same with different MAF and N75 valve. It only in first when I initially take off.

I take it that having a -7.8% long term adaption means the ECU is pulling fuel out is it. Will have a look at some pipes on the weekend I think.

The traction control system has the ability to dump boost if it sees fit by using the N249 valve and the associated vac system to dump the boost - this could be whats happening, the traction control 'aiding' you...

First thing I turn off is the TCS when I get in my car. Unless the TCS can still dump the boost when its turned off I dont think it would be that.

Done the N249 bypass today on a friends 1.8T. His DV started fluttering like mad. I may do it on mine to see if it cures this little problem.