Badger5AH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Can someone define to me Stage 1,2 and 3 maps please..

As it says really.. Whats gained/needed on all 3 formats..

Pete...

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    stage 1 - 2 - 3 are just terms given to different types of map really by tunners,
    But basically:

Stage 1 - a generic map that is written to be applied to a 100% standard car, typically these will take your 150bhp A3 to 200bhp/220lbft , or your 210/225 S3 up to around 245-250bhp/ 260lbft

A stage 2 map is a custom(ish) map, whereby ususally a base map is written to suit a certain group of mods, normally things like a turbo back exhaust, induction kit, and a front mount intercooler, things like custom code stage 2 for the AGU is just a generic map still, but written to suit the AGU with bolt on mods. Some tuners will use a pre written base map for a stage 2, then alter it slightly to suit the specific car

this will typically take your A3 to around 230bhp/250lbft, or an S3 to maybe 260-265bhp/280-300lbft

Stage 3 is a totally custom map, written to suit big turbo aplications/hybrids with larger injectors, possibly a change in maf housing (and therefore scaling), and pretty much anything else that's unusual and not usually done. Power output from this is entirely depending on the spec of the engine/turbo, although of course, you wouldn't be doing it unless you were going for more than stage 2 power....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

1st Gear

Status
    What would be the advice before going with a stage 1 map ? I'm thinking your 100% standard setup would have to be working as close to 100% as possible, but are there any recommended mods to do before going to a stage 1 ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Mike..

Forge 007p which i can supply for 73 delivered.

And panel filter..
    Last edited by S3BAM; 3rd May 2010 at 11:20.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes3 View Post
    What would be the advice before going with a stage 1 map ? I'm thinking your 100% standard setup would have to be working as close to 100% as possible, but are there any recommended mods to do before going to a stage 1 ?
    You would want the car running 100% before having any flash. Be prepared to come across issues after flashing, it doesn't happen all the time but I have had coilpacks and sparkplugs cause problems after flashing.

If you have a APY in the S3 the coils seem to be ok, the BAM coilpacks give up a lot more frequently. I can't remember the code for the other S3 motor or what coilpacks it has.

I run a paper filter in my S3 and a Forge DV, I personally would always replace the std DV, others will stick with standard ones and save their money and maybe change them again.... Horses for courses.

I'd also make sure all your boost hoses are done up tight, sods law dictates you'll blow one off at the least opportune moment. Again, one I had last week with an S3 customer. He was thinking coilpacks but got away with a free fix.

Gavin
    Delivering Custom-Code to Australians. www.custom-code.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    TOP MAN!!!!!

Cheers for that Prawn.... Im on Stage 1 now,and seing 260BHP,but just fitted my 3inch DP yesterday,and about to order a AH cooler,so just seing whats in a stage 2..

Pete...

1st Gear

Status
    If you have a APY in the S3 the coils seem to be ok, the BAM coilpacks give up a lot more frequently. I can't remember the code for the other S3 motor or what coilpacks it has.
    AMK - what does that have?
    2001 AMK ...Black

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by landopanda View Post
    AMK - what does that have?
    dodgy coils too!! I've had to replace certain coilpacks twice. I've now completely changed all four and keep the spares in my boot if one should go again.
    Last edited by jojo; 3rd May 2010 at 12:10. Reason: repair quote
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by warleydaddy View Post
    TOP MAN!!!!!

Cheers for that Prawn.... Im on Stage 1 now,and seing 260BHP,but just fitted my 3inch DP yesterday,and about to order a AH cooler,so just seing whats in a stage 2..

Pete...
    BAM S3, Revo?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like good advice. Just off the back of loads of problems with mine (2003 BAM) but thankfully its running sweet as a nut now. S3BAM, can I take you up on your offer in a couple of weeks? I'm off on holiday, driving this beast to Hungary and back, so I need to save some beer tokens. I already replaced most of my vac/boost lines with silicone, brand new TIP and a few other things. I'm thinking of Stage 1 some time before the end of June. I'll have to read the other threads about best places to go ....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    BAM S3, Revo?
    No, on a completley standard APY.. And that 260 was from vagcom... Also had it on my liquid gauge too.. But have DP,FMIC,007,TIP,full sicone now, so il pot about on a stage 2 for abit,then come winter,debate either sell it after ive resprayed it,or hybrid it..

Pete..

5th Gear

Status
    Stage one map exposed a coil pack failure for me and a clutch replacement! Goes great now though!
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

2nd Gear

Status
    No probs Mike Just give us ashout when youre ready