remapping in westmidlands

dan.obi

Reaction score
hi i am concidering a remap on my 1.8 t a3 and was just wondering if anyone can advise me of any decent places in the west midlands area prefurably or just a good place in general that you have used yourself.

thanks

John at DNA tuning... Did my S3,top bloke... Hes by Stratford...

Pete..

R-tech in Hinckely, unbelievable service, excellent maps, and very good prices.....

Having been there this weekend, I honestly could never recommend a place more strongly....

R-tech in Hinckely, unbelievable service, excellent maps, and very good prices.....

Having been there this weekend, I honestly could never recommend a place more strongly....

How would you compare an r-tech map to other maps you've had

Midland VW in Cannock did mine, very good.

R-Tech are getting good reviews...

Forge Motorsport in Gloucester..

Badger 5 just down the road in Stonehouse

How would you compare an r-tech map to other maps you've had

Honestly? for a stage 1 I'm totally blown away, not just by the map, but by the service as a whole.

When I arrived at R-tech, the guys did a very thorough check over the car before mapping, including smoke testing the whole boost system, this uncovered 2 leaks, one in a slightly split vacuum hose to the N249, and one split in the pcv system, although this was after the check valve, so wouldn't loose boost.

Nick ran teh car on the dyno, and it made 156bhp/158lbft, and he said it felt a bit flat, when he read the map currently on the car, it had on the bottom line ''copyright 2003 REVO technik- the car had had a free trial at some point in the past!..

It turns out Revo had somehow partially locked the ECU, and it took nick about 2 1/2 hours to get into it and load a standard audi AUM map onto the ECU, with this done, the car made 159bhp and 165lbft- more than the revo 'stock' map - ********.

Nick then loaded the R-tech spec 1 gen 4 map onto my car, and included an o2 delete so I can decat it in future without an EML (he did the o2 delete for free).

he ran the car on the dyno, and it made 192bhp/218 lbft. he wasn't happy with it all, and after a bit more testing, he found it was the N249 vac lines causing it to loose boost as the top end, and stopping the turbo from giving it's peak spike to make the 230lbft he claims, it was late in the day, having spent hours trying to crack the ECU, and he had other customers waiting by this time, so I was more than happy to take the car away fix the issues myself, rather than taking more of Nicks time.

Despite the issues, on the road the car felt brilliant, and definitely felt like it got stronger on the way home.

This morning I've been and replaced every single vacuum line, and bypassed the N249 valve, and now it feels REALLY quick, VAGCOM reckons it's 212bhp now :) it's got a really nice kick low down, and pulls like a train all the way to 6k.

I'd say it's not far off my old KO3S AGU at all, very impressed for a stage 1

Prawn do they do "custom maps" for those with throttle cables. Ie my cousins a4 1.8tqs a4 with milteck tbe. Revo and custom code have both said they can't do a map for it.

yea, totally custom maps for cable throttle cars Rav,

whilst we were there he had in a 97 AGU engined golf with a ko4 that he'd been custom mapping all week.
it's not that hard to do, it just involved removing the ECU and soldering a new chip carrier in place, and a chap that can be flashed

Havent had my s3 remapped yet, but i plan to go to midland vw when i got the funds. Recommend them for anything, jody knows his stuff.

WOW!!!! They do have a ****** good name dont they!!!! Im quite tempted to go to them now!!

Pete...

Awesome Gti in Irlam Warrington, R-Tech in Hinckley or PSI Tuning in Stoke. All great people!

The R- Tech map is pretty good, very strong! Awesome's APR map is very smooth and progressive and PSI Tuning use Custom Code which feels as strong as the R-Tech from personal experience

Are you going to GTI International, as im sure there will be some offers on there on the day, so might be worth lookiing into that, thats also in the Midlands.

Custard code usually has the 40% of deal and a free rag up the strip on the day, assuming you have a flashable car/ecu

Honestly? for a stage 1 I'm totally blown away, not just by the map, but by the service as a whole.

When I arrived at R-tech, the guys did a very thorough check over the car before mapping, including smoke testing the whole boost system, this uncovered 2 leaks, one in a slightly split vacuum hose to the N249, and one split in the pcv system, although this was after the check valve, so wouldn't loose boost.

Nick ran teh car on the dyno, and it made 156bhp/158lbft, and he said it felt a bit flat, when he read the map currently on the car, it had on the bottom line ''copyright 2003 REVO technik- the car had had a free trial at some point in the past!..

It turns out Revo had somehow partially locked the ECU, and it took nick about 2 1/2 hours to get into it and load a standard audi AUM map onto the ECU, with this done, the car made 159bhp and 165lbft- more than the revo 'stock' map - ********.

Nick then loaded the R-tech spec 1 gen 4 map onto my car, and included an o2 delete so I can decat it in future without an EML (he did the o2 delete for free).

he ran the car on the dyno, and it made 192bhp/218 lbft. he wasn't happy with it all, and after a bit more testing, he found it was the N249 vac lines causing it to loose boost as the top end, and stopping the turbo from giving it's peak spike to make the 230lbft he claims, it was late in the day, having spent hours trying to crack the ECU, and he had other customers waiting by this time, so I was more than happy to take the car away fix the issues myself, rather than taking more of Nicks time.

Despite the issues, on the road the car felt brilliant, and definitely felt like it got stronger on the way home.

This morning I've been and replaced every single vacuum line, and bypassed the N249 valve, and now it feels REALLY quick, VAGCOM reckons it's 212bhp now :) it's got a really nice kick low down, and pulls like a train all the way to 6k.

I'd say it's not far off my old KO3S AGU at all, very impressed for a stage 1

hi thanks for all the info mate do you have any contact and cost details on these guys thanks