tinted widows

Danny Cawsey

Cawsey
Reaction score
I am thinking about tinting the two rear side windows and the rear window but dont want it to dark and chavvy.
has anyone els here tinted there windows?
pics would be great and percentage of transparency.

Alright mate I got 20% VLT from B-pillar back, also got a cheeky tint on the drivers and passenger doors, not sure exactly what percentage is but it is a very very subtle tint so as not to **** off the local boys in blue.
my S3 is black, i'll try and get some pics up. the tint the guy used is Johnson GSN20 on the rears, it is very much a 'black' tint as opposed to some of the cheaper tint films which can look blueish.
PM me your email address i'll send you some pics tomorrow.

well my car came with tinted rear windows but no tint on the front.

JamessS3001.jpg

Looks like there ws once tint on the front but he must have got in trouble with the fuzz. I dont know if i like it or not

I had all of my windows tinted but got a bum slap from the law so had to remove them i wasnt gutted at all as it looks a lot more tastefull now although i thought they were cool at the time. its also a real bitch to remove took me like 3/4 hours to remove all the glue

my rears are tinted as well as a light tint on the fronts,i think they look well with yellow but not sure if it would suit darker colours?

DSCF0072.jpg

I bought mine with light tints all the way round... not sure %, but it suits the car (which is Ming Blue). Judging by the picture, I'd say pretty much the same tint as AudiS3-Turbo's fronts.

alright guys i went out and bought some window tint film and fitted it last night,

the shop only had some really dark tint left which was 5% vlt which i really wanted a light tint but i fitted it anyway to see how it looks.
im not to sure yet whether i like it or not, will try and post up some pics on the weekend once ive polished the car.

cheers for everyones pics and help.

Danny did you fit it to your door windows too?
5% VLT would be way to dark on them, you will almost certainly be pulled with that dark of a tint.

The darkness of tint rule came in about 04 plate so any cars before then they can't do nothink about it!

The darkness of tint rule came in about 04 plate so any cars before then they can't do nothink about it!
Sorry pal, according to VOSA, you are wrong.

Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 as amended
specify the minimum levels of light that must pass through the
windscreen and front side windows. The limits are:​
Motor Vehicles first used before 1 April 1985:​
The windscreen and front side windows must allow at least 70% of
light to be transmitted through them.​
Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985:​
The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be
transmitted through them.
If the glass is tinted to a point whereby it lets through less light,​
then the vehicle does not meet legal requirements.

I'm wrong then I just got told that by the police when he pulled my mate over o wel never mind
I got light tint all round and get no problems

cheers for the info, i have only tinted the rear three windoows. but am thinking about putting some subtle tints on the two front windows next weekend.

Where's the best place to get windows tinted? Seen the stuff in halfords? Is that cheap and nasty? And it it possible to do it yourself?