Genuine Alu Mirrors

BB14

Reaction score
I know, I know.. They are a bit Marmite here and too "bling" for some people but I was just wondering if there is any way to get a hold of them if your car doesn't have them..? The bay only seems to have crappy chrome cover rubbish so where is the genuine article to be found..?!! I know they will be extortionate(?) but how much are they from audi..? If you can even still get them.!

Lots of S3's I've been looking at buying don't have them and I am just curious... :)

Thanks.

Blair.

those pops up from time to time on ebay and here on the classified ad on this forum.
Its pretty much rare and used it is priced 100-150.
I have no idea what the price at the dealer...but sure u can still get it

The 8L mirrors are/were shiny, shiny chrome not aluminium, like they are on 8Ps.

8L mirrors are cast aluminium, they are not chrome but highly polished then lacquered.

When I purchased my car I didn't have the aluminium mirrors but had them on my 2 previous S3's, so went about buying them. Eventual sourced a set from the classifieds on AS and fitted them.

As people have said they are marmite, you either like them or hate them. For a mint set you'd be looking around £200. It's what I paid for mine IIRC and mine were perfect, no marks dings or dents.

Easy fit once you pop the mirrors out, the most important bit is to loosen the screws (underneath) and inside with some WD40 or the like as the water will have corroded them, this was what had happened to mine.

I'm looking to sell my mirrors to get something a little different.

The 8P from what I've heard are not metal but plastic painted mirrors.

Hope that helps.

G

So what are you going to go for then..? Carbon Fibre..? PM me with a price for your mirrors please mate.. :icon_thumright:

Blair.

Secret! ;) Watch this space, not a great fan of carbon fibre to be honest, so will be sticking with metal. I'd want the same as what I paid for them to be truthful with you. I'd make sure I detail them before I put them up for sale so they are back to their former glory.

G

Ooooh I'm on the edge of my seat.!!! Haha. Any pics of them..?? I'd still be interested..! :)

The 8L mirrors are/were shiny, shiny chrome not aluminium, like they are on 8Ps.

Im offended. They are clearly solid aluminium in a polished finish.

Chrome mirrors.....pfffffffft.