PICS OF YOUR BRAKE CALIPERS

luke2702

Reaction score
As above says can any post some pics of brake calipers which have been painted??

What colour would any one recommend for my Silver S3?

Cheers

I'd go for either yellow or red, but them again blue might look quite nice aswell.

That was no help at all!!! Lol... They were my choices lol...

How easy it to do without removing calipers?

Come on some post some pics....

Easy enough to paint on the car, I did mine with black satin smoothrite (not aerosol) using a smallish brush to make it easier to work into the corners. All I did was remove the spring clip on the front calipers while I painted them and put them back on whenthe calipers were dry.

Same for the rears...

Front caliper..
20090313_IMG_4795.jpg

Rear caliper...
20090313_IMG_4781.jpg

<tuffty/>

Ive gone for silver brembo calipers on my silver S3. Thought it would look quick subtle/classy. Not fitted yet so no pics. End of May for that.

my old corsa was silver with black wheels and i did the calipers yellow and looked wicked imo

scrapp that heres a pic

46400c94-de7b-408e-8afd-3897407a028.jpg

Easy enough to paint on the car, I did mine with black satin smoothrite (not aerosol) using a smallish brush to make it easier to work into the corners. All I did was remove the spring clip on the front calipers while I painted them and put them back on whenthe calipers were dry.

Same for the rears...

Front caliper..
20090313_IMG_4795.jpg

Rear caliper...
20090313_IMG_4781.jpg

<tuffty/>

Is the clip you are talking about what you can see on your first pic?

Do you have to be very careful when painting? Is the stuff from Halfrauds any good?

Luke

Yeah, thats the clip... you don't have to be 'careful' as such but you will be able to see which bits to paint and which not to paint...

I used this paint...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380136620843

Halfrauds do sell it I think, I got mine from a DIY store along with a cheap brush pack

<tuffty/>

Did not know you could use hammerite thought it had to be some special paint.

Might give it a go tomorrow, mrs's just said she wants RED, so got to listen to the boss! LOL

....just make sure you clean them up well before painting.

What he said :)

I used brake cleaner and various wire brushes... I got a set of small brushes from Halfrauds I think, had a steel wire, copper wire and plastic bristle brush in it... the little steel wire one was great to get in the little crevices etc then clean it all off with brake cleaner to give the paint something to adhere too... hammerite sticks to most things though ;P

<tuffty/>