Magnecor plug leads?

Zonda_

Reaction score
My A3 1.8t is badly in need of a service and is misfiring. I've used Magnecor on other cars but can't find them listed for the A3 1.8t. Has anyone used them or can anyone recommend similar. Will be replacing plugs too if anyone has any recommendations.

Cheers

you have coil on plugs no leads...
where do you think you will be putting the leads from and too?

there's a reason they're not listed

Ah, never had a car that didn't have leads, I just assumed! So what's likely to be causing the misfire then, I lost about half power last night then on the way home it cut out for a second then came back.

coil packs... they are shocking things for failing..
other common parts which can fail being MAF (mass air flow) meter

misfire usually under load (boost) when they start to fail, and once popped they drop that cylinder.
check your plug gaps.. If too large (0.7mm ideal) then the extra gap the spark has to jump, can cause an older, more frail coil to "pop"

£25-£30 per coil pack - beware of non OE parts

good luck

That's what's happening, it feels like it's running on 3 and down on power when you go to accelerate.

coil pack gone.. sounds like to me
sound like a scooby now too?

unplug the injectors one by one to determin which one has failed.. my advise is replace all 4 @ same time

sound like a scooby now too?

thats what i said a tried i was poking fun at after he had a few fail. with his car, his coil packs were all sparking on idle so you didnt notice a difference when unplugged individually but pack was misfiring like a mofo

The OE ones are BERU, the OE spec ones from Euro come in a VAG box and are made by BERU :)

Change all 4 and forget about it :)

hmmmm, interesting. Mine have the 4 rings on the top and also BERU?

When I replaced one earlier this year it had Pulse written on the top I think. The older ones all say Bremi and are a slightly different part number.

It might also be the ignition amplifier if its an earlier engine. Early motors had a seperate ignition amp, and a "dumb" coil. Later engines have a combined amp and coil on each plug.

Annoyingly the problem has vanished now. I wonder if it will have recorded any faults on the VAG COM?

regardless you wont get the newest version from Euro, what ever difference it makes the dealers are always that one part number ahead and cost approx £2-3 more...get ya hand in ya pocket :)