Poor fuel consumption

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
My car seems to be drinking petrol at the moment. Anyone know why? I have been driving it off boost (changing gear around 2500 revs) and £20 of petrol got me 100 miles. I have a 1.8T with remap so is this normal? I just seems to be so much more thirsty recently.
Thanks

100miles with £20, sounds about right, also in regards to fuel prices.

True, but off boost and with carful driving I would expect to see more than that. I did 70 miles to £20 last night and I tanned the car all the way there!

if i put £20 in mine (as i did yesterday) it gave me 110 miles on my DIS. (i was on the red) depending oh how you drive will determine how many miles you get.

I put a new maf on my car yesterday also and the amount of miles i have done since would of normally moved the petrol gauge. It aint moved. so on that note... maf at fault?

anywhere from £70 upwards for a propper bosch one i think. I didnt pay for mine so im not 100%

100miles on £20 at £1.20 a ltr is around 27mpg by my reckoning... depending on hills etc and if its urban (not motorway) sounds about right to me... having an S3 makes no difference IMO... both as economical off boost, just more thirsty on boost... I get on average 24mpg with a big turbo and having to go up a biggish hill + town driving... I do drive like a granny though and have seen an average of 12mpg before now :)

<tuffty/>

oh okay then, i will probably look into that then. Could it be the MAF with no other symptoms apart from poor fuel consumption?

Before changing MAF;

Drive with it unplugged

or

Clean MAF

or

Take VAGCOM logs to see condition of MAF

I get about 30MPG with a combination of quick motorway and regular city driving with occasional fun. And that's just the 1.6 :(

My DIS reports 23mpg, my 1.8TS is gulping the stuff down, think it know's there's a TDI on the way.....