will the problems ever stop????????????????????

bansheeboyo

Reaction score
well guys more bad news sigh
my rear brake calipers are seized
what modles rear brakes will fit on my a3tqs ?????
i tryed the caliper rewind tool the day nothing didnt budge so peeved of its nay real.this car realy dosnt want me to save for a evo :crying:

cheers scott

why not remove them and rebuild them with new seals?

if not theres plenty of 2nd hand calipers for a3s on ebay, ive been looking the last few days

Just a quick question (not doubting your abilities), but did you take the cap off the brake fluid reservoir?

Seems odd for BOTH rear calis to seize up at the same time.

Is this a common fault on all VAG cars? I know the mk2 and mk3 golfs were prone to this due to there limited use.

sounds like you need to man up and give it more welly! Try pushing the pistons in a bit with a G-Clamp before winding

lol, problems, i bought my audi 3 1.6 sport on the 15th of this month (april). drove it 180 miles and the gearbox blew (luckily on the back of my house), anyways, bought a new gearbox and fittred it, then there was missing, so i replaced the ht leads and plugs, fine, now i had a leak in rad, fixed with rad weld, then another, fixed with rad sealent. now after doing 600 miles with this gearbox, reverse went dus to a hole blowin in the gearbox lol, luckily have warranty on gearbox so get another at weekend but seems to be problems lurchin round the corner for a lot of audi owners atm.

I think its the rallyart mudflaps that caused it.

I recently rebuilt my rear calipers, with a kit. Took about 30 mins per caliper to fit the new seals. The only thing I found when trying to rebuild the calipers is that inorder to wind the pistons back in fully you need to pump the pistons fully out first. If you're not rebuilding them, pump the pistons out with the handbrake lever with the calipers off then once out try winding back in.

eh no welly ,i did not ,damn my inexperience....i thought loosening the bleed nipples would do