Update on my Turbo

Reaction score
Finally got the right tool to remove the head bolts and got the head off today to remove the turbo.
Once the head was off, started removing bits attached to the turbo n found this in the intake pipe

DSC00157.jpg

First thought was that a bolt somehow got in the intake which then got sucked into the turbo n screwed it up but then realised it was the shaft.

Then noticed the intake side of the turbo was cracked

DSC00154.jpg

This is what the inside looks like or lack of it

DSC00155.jpg

I don't know whether it cracked which distorted everything so the turbine went everywhere or it cracked under pressure from the turbine...going everywhere.

Now need to find out whether either cr turbos or TDs will still take it as an exchange to hybrid or whether I'll need to purchase a new hybrid from them.

Cr should take it,just had mine done they replaced the exhaust hosing because it was cracked it did cost a little bit more but what a job they did.

Thats well and truely had it, doubt they'll take that mate, but worth a try.

that is one hell of a fail mate:faint:.
was there any other damage?

Somehow nothing got through to the engine, didnt even get all the way out the charge pipe so I doubt there will be anything in the exhaust. The exhaust turbine was still almost perfect, hardly any play n it spun nicely too.

Also forgot to add my exhaust manifold is cracked as well

DSC00156.jpg

Blimey, i missed this! What happened mate? Hope you get it sorted!

P.s I've added you on ps3 Network :)

Blimey, i missed this! What happened mate? Hope you get it sorted!

P.s I've added you on ps3 Network :)

I'm not really sure, one minute I had boost the next I didn't n above is the reason lol. Ah well...its a good excuse to go hybrid, missus thinks I'm just replacing everything with stock. Little does she know mwahahahahahaahahahahaha....ahem...sorry about that :whistle2::ninja:

Oh and just installing a demo on the ps3 atm which seems to be taking it's sweet *** time about doing so.

I'm not really sure, one minute I had boost the next I didn't n above is the reason lol. Ah well...its a good excuse to go hybrid, missus thinks I'm just replacing everything with stock. Little does she know mwahahahahahaahahahahaha....ahem...sorry about that :whistle2::ninja:

Oh and just installing a demo on the ps3 atm which seems to be taking it's sweet *** time about doing so.

You seem to be very calm, most people would be f'ing and blinding

IIRC you found bits of metal in the charge pipe? Is there anything obvious that made it to the cylinders? I think I would have all that apart and clean it out tbh... :(

Bad luck mate...

<tuffty/>

i cant see the pics, but i take it your compressor is in bits?

if so id be looking for those bits in the intercooler... really dont want those making their way to the lump

IIRC you found bits of metal in the charge pipe? Is there anything obvious that made it to the cylinders? I think I would have all that apart and clean it out tbh... :(

Bad luck mate...

<tuffty/>

Yeh there was some in the charge pipe but it all sat in the part where the baffles used to be. There was nothing in the cylinders or on the vavles, not even the smallest pieces.

I will be getting a fmic and upgrading all the hoses so everything will be turbo free if anything got further.

Right...I phoned both TurboDynamics and CR turbos, both were busy when I phoned n TD were the first to call back (well CR didnt call back) so TD are coming to collect it tomorrow to see what they can do. I can get about 25% discount with them too which is good.