Audi A3 1.8 20V AGN motor swap to S3 motor

Eros20V

Reaction score
Hello

I have an Audi A3 with the AGN 1.8L 20V n/a motor. I have found a 2001 repo S3 and I would like to swap all the good stuff on to mine. Is it possible to use the 6 speed trans without the 4wd stuff on it? I want to swap engine and trans from the the S3 along with interior and seats. Should I keep the 5 speed trans or the S3 6 speed?
From what I could see at the impound lot the engine had stock 2 intercoolers with a custom downpipe? The Maf was missing but It started fine. Please advise :)

Cheers! :)

I am going to be doing the swap myself, what should I keep and what not?

thanks

id just buy the s3 and us it. why would you bother transplanting stuff onto a car only to make a car you could just buy (and would have already bought) anyway

seems a bit mental

Hello

I have an Audi A3 with the AGN 1.8L 20V n/a motor. I have found a 2001 repo S3 and I would like to swap all the good stuff on to mine. Is it possible to use the 6 speed trans without the 4wd stuff on it? I want to swap engine and trans from the the S3 along with interior and seats. Should I keep the 5 speed trans or the S3 6 speed?
From what I could see at the impound lot the engine had stock 2 intercoolers with a custom downpipe? The Maf was missing but It started fine. Please advise :)

Cheers! :)

Not all as simple as that mate. You can't just bosh the engine in there and of you go.

I'm not sure about the transmission - I can't see why it wouldn't work though.

As long as the engine is complete - injectors, fuel rail, you will need EVERYTHING out of the engine bay - and more besides. Fuel pump is the other main consideration, but things like heat shielding need to be had too.

The S3 obviously has a Quattro system. This means it has a split fuel tank. The S3 fuel pump won't be much use to you, but I believe you could use a fuel pump off of a LCR as they slot straight into the A3's tank.

Not sure what you mean by a custom downpipe? Do you mean the exhaust - or the intercooler connecting pipes?

Here in Greece, its not so easy to get an S3 like in the UK. Used come at about 15-17k euro.
I have found a complete car that I deem it not road worthy, on the other hand my chassis is just begging for more hp.. :) The S3 that I found is complete with some disqusting body mods. I am even thinking of going FWD only, thats why I was asking about the transmission from the S3.

Let me just simplify this. Is there someone out there that have swaped the AGN motor for a 2001 S3 motor and trans? :)