Aero wipers

a3rob

Reaction score
I have a 2003 8L and want to rid the car of the standard crappy front wipers.
Does anyone know which wiper arms i need to be able to have the slide on type aeros fitted.
Cheers

If you are after aero wipers all round this is what you need from the stealers:

U1J2 955 410 D (ARMS)
U1J2 955 409 D

U1J2 955 425 B (BLADES)
U1J2 955 426 B

U1J0 955 205 A9 B9 (END CAP x2)

Polo 9N Rear Areo too if your interested?

U6Q6 955 707 C (ARM)

U6Q6 955 435 B (BLADE)

U7E0 955 425 (END CAP)

Only know this cause someone on here helped me out!!!

Why? When Bosch do a retro fit wiper set for the 8L for a fraction of the price. I have them on mine.

Why? When Bosch do a retro fit wiper set for the 8L for a fraction of the price. I have them on mine.

Go to Halfrauds, find a friend with a trade card, pick up Bosch aero wipers for around £10. Done.

I second/third the above. I bought a set of ebay for £7 delivered. They've been spot on!

Agreed on the looks side of things, but not for over £100! I will do it eventually, but not until brakes, remap, B8s have been done!

Agreed. I got into the Audi scene too late, but by all reports/threads, VAG parts was a major player in supplying cheap mods!

The mk4 golf arms look much better and have the better fit wipers. The retro fit from bosch seem saggy.
Sorted the rear,just to sort the from now.

i went to Audi for mine getting the same size bosch items....again ive not changed my arms which is the ideal but a tad expensive for the benefit

also bought some valeo ones for our A3 a few weeks ago, they wipe as good as the Bosch, however the bump on the top of them where the connects looks like a piece of Tonka plastic, its huge and looks crap!!

moral of the story for me is either genuine Bosch and/or replace arms for a decent look - oh and the rear wiper is a must, you can go for the Polo conversion or a fabia which a lot of other VAG followers opt for...Polo for me tho ;)

You hit the nail on zi head pal. They look **** with that mahooooosive lump of plaggy on top. Scrapyard it is for arms. £10 set.

I used mk5 rear wiper. Same fit as polo and wipes like a babywipe on a ****** ****.

Clean

I bought some from ebay the other day for £10 front and rear and they are pretty good.

yeah my rear polo arm scrapes across the window, the misus polo arm is as smooth as anything, im really jealous!!