Sump Protector

luke2702

Reaction score
Anyone point me in the direction of a Sump Protector (think that is what they are called). Been under car to try and fix the oil sensor and noticed no sump protector and a few scratches on the sump. Would scrappers be the best? If so does the normal A3 sump protector fit?

Thanks

Yeah think so... It is the plastic part which screws in underneath to protect the oil sump..

You can pick them up from a scrappers mate or I think Euro sell them.

Mine fell off ages ago!

The under tray is the large plastic tray that sits under the enginr to stop any crud going up into the bay, they only offer protection from dirt and water etc as they're plastic.

I'm a bit confused by your last post, is an A3 under tray the same as an A3 under tray?...I'd have thought so :)

I hope you don't think the plastic cover actually protects the sump??? 1.8t sumps are quite low anyway, lowering makes it closer to the ground... If you are picking up scrapes already then a bit of plastic isn't going to help much tbh...

Rethink how you drive over stuff that is likely to hit the sump and you will stand a chance of keeping it in one piece..

IIRC, the S3 one which is just the front bit of the A3 one cost over £150 from a dealer... no idea why a piece of plastic would cost that much but there have been a couple of threads on this before...

<tuffty/>

The under tray is the large plastic tray that sits under the enginr to stop any crud going up into the bay, they only offer protection from dirt and water etc as they're plastic.

I'm a bit confused by your last post, is an A3 under tray the same as an A3 under tray?...I'd have thought so :)

So no real point in getting one then. Only owned the car for 5 Days and finding things to do already!!!!!! Ignore last comment!!!!

Rethink how you drive over stuff that is likely to hit the sump and you will stand a chance of keeping it in one piece.. <tuffty/>[/QUOTE said:
Not me scrapping previous owners as only owned the car 5 Days...

Ah... still be careful though as they are low :icon_thumright:

<tuffty/>

yeah i know mate, dont tend to drive it like a stole especially around here ****** speed bumps and pot holes every were and i have a company car to do that!!!Lol

What about getting an alloy under tray? would that not help with sump protection>?

What would you mount it to?. the standard one is only mounted to plastic etc so it wouldnt be wprthj doing IMO