JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: Sump Protector

2nd Gear
    Chopper Challenge Champion

Status

Sump Protector

Anyone point me in the direction of a Sump Protector (think that is what they are called). Been under car to try and fix the oil sensor and noticed no sump protector and a few scratches on the sump. Would scrappers be the best? If so does the normal A3 sump protector fit?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Do you mean undertray?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah think so... It is the plastic part which screws in underneath to protect the oil sump..

Smell my finger.

Status
    You can pick them up from a scrappers mate or I think Euro sell them.

Mine fell off ages ago!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2nd Gear

Status
    Are they the same as the A3 ones?

Smell my finger.

Status
    The under tray is the large plastic tray that sits under the enginr to stop any crud going up into the bay, they only offer protection from dirt and water etc as they're plastic.

I'm a bit confused by your last post, is an A3 under tray the same as an A3 under tray?...I'd have thought so

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I hope you don't think the plastic cover actually protects the sump??? 1.8t sumps are quite low anyway, lowering makes it closer to the ground... If you are picking up scrapes already then a bit of plastic isn't going to help much tbh...

Rethink how you drive over stuff that is likely to hit the sump and you will stand a chance of keeping it in one piece..

IIRC, the S3 one which is just the front bit of the A3 one cost over 150 from a dealer... no idea why a piece of plastic would cost that much but there have been a couple of threads on this before...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    The under tray is the large plastic tray that sits under the enginr to stop any crud going up into the bay, they only offer protection from dirt and water etc as they're plastic.

I'm a bit confused by your last post, is an A3 under tray the same as an A3 under tray?...I'd have thought so
    So no real point in getting one then. Only owned the car for 5 Days and finding things to do already!!!!!! Ignore last comment!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=

Rethink how you drive over stuff that is likely to hit the sump and you will stand a chance of keeping it in one piece..

<tuffty/>[/QUOTE]

Not me scrapping previous owners as only owned the car 5 Days...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Ah... still be careful though as they are low

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Ah... still be careful though as they are low

<tuffty/>

yeah i know mate, dont tend to drive it like a stole especially around here bloody speed bumps and pot holes every were and i have a company car to do that!!!Lol

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Worth getting ?

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/prod...nd-new-exhange

The sump has a thick aluminum plate welded to the under side
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Neutral

Status
    What about getting an alloy under tray? would that not help with sump protection>?

Smell my finger.

Status
    What would you mount it to?. the standard one is only mounted to plastic etc so it wouldnt be wprthj doing IMO

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rough View Post
    What about getting an alloy under tray? would that not help with sump protection>?

Look at these think i would prefer standard one, but thanks anyway...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    Worth getting ?

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/prod...nd-new-exhange

The sump has a thick aluminum plate welded to the under side
    hummm.... not sure I like the twisted wires holding the flappy bits on... much prefer this one tbh...

http://www.backdraftmotorsport.com/s...ypage.tpl.html

Bill runs this one on his race Ibiza.... its a copy of the SEAT Sport one

<tuffty/>