Oil Pressure to low on s3 ask fella

a2pen

Reaction score

hello wondering if you could help i have a 1.8t apy the oil pressure light comes on when warm and below 2000rpm, i have fitted a gauge in the car and only getting around a 1 bar-0.75 bar at idle (14.75-10psi). spoke to alpine and he is getting 20-30psi. when cold it reachs 3.5 bar at 2000rpm but when warm 2-2.5 bar. had new oil pump pick up good, oil and filter 5w-30. what would you do next because this is to low?no knocking yet sounds sweet as nut.
cheers Dean​

a know problem is the oilpump, or the filter before the pump. cleaned mine last week:
66548d1269749847-zuigleiding-van-oliepomp-1-8t-vervangen-klaar.jpg

i would change your oil to a min of 10w40 full syth, that will help stabilty at idle. The minimum oil pressure at idle is 1 bar iirc. Also you may have a wiring issue as the oil pressure is not read from the engine until after 2 k revs iirc

i have fitted an aftermarket oil gauge with its own earth and live sure there is no problem with that. The only thing left it might be is worn bearings so i'm going to book some time off work and rip the engine out and re- build the bottom end.

Well i have found the problem of low oil pressure to be no.1 main bearing

Picture of sump down

Picture of the main bearing.

Its not ment to look like this

Lucky that it hasn't damaged the crank and even more ennoying got to wait till tuesday before i can get any parts or send it away.
But by wednesday it will be running fingers crossed
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/album.php?albumid=305&attachmentid=1546