Audi S3 Wing Mirrors ?

Ooosh

Reaction score
Looking to buy the below S3, been in contact with the dealer, they want 10,200. Ive checked the book price with the mileage and it says about £9300, what price seems right.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/1/postcode/hs20bw/radius/1500?logcode=p

Also if I get one without the aluminium mirrors, does anyone know where to get some online ? Checked ebay, they just have the covers, checked google too but not had much luck. I assume they shouldnt be too hard to get ?

Anyone got any ideas ???

ta

I dont think its worth anything over 10K mate.....not by a long way.

Yeah I know, not going to pay over the odds. If they will take about £9500 or so ill get it. The mileage is lowish I guess, not too keen on getting something over 80k. I fancy black with black leather interior, also I wouldnt have to change the mirrors on that one.

Not worth 10k mate, what are you paying for?

1. Next to no options, where is the Bose, RNS-D, Heated seats, Sunroof, Phone prep etc
2. high(er) mileage for price

If you have 10k to spend, i'd get a higher mileage B5 RS4

Not sure, I dont live that close so wil have to get time off to check it out. Youre right I guess, didnt realise. Had a look and there seem to be cars with more options alot cheaper. Maybe its more as its a dealer. I think for 10k I should be able to get one fully loaded ?

Not sure, I dont live that close so wil have to get time off to check it out. Youre right I guess, didnt realise. Had a look and there seem to be cars with more options alot cheaper. Maybe its more as its a dealer. I think for 10k I should be able to get one fully loaded ?

lol yes fully loaded indeed.

Am sure other members can add to the list

Chrome wing mirrors

RNS-D Satnav
Bose system
Sunroof
Cruise control
Heated seats
Phone prep
Armrest

I am desperate to get one but im going to wait to find one with all those (or most) of the extras. Ive been looking for a while, I live in the north of scotland so while it would be abit of a hassle to travel to the south of england etc, would rather do that for the right car instead of just getting one thats close but has no extras and it over priced. Any other websites other than Piston Heads or Auto Trader I can check ?

So all those you listed are extras ? Good to know, my friend had one with the lot, in purple ? Totally amazing car, thats what convinced me to get one!

Thanks for that. Going to wait it out and find a top notch one. Will see whats doing at the auction marts etc too, didnt realise but these cars are quite thin on the ground, not lots about.

lol yes fully loaded indeed.

Am sure other members can add to the list

Chrome wing mirrors

RNS-D Satnav
Bose system
Sunroof
Cruise control
Heated seats
Phone prep
Armrest

To be honest, of those options, the Satnav and Sunroof is very rare, you'd be lucky to get one of them, not both. CD Changer was also an optional extra, so watch out for S3's without it too.

Climate Control,fitted as standard to an S3 Front armrest, Full Service History, Steering wheel reach adjustment,fitted as standard to an S3 Height adjustable drivers seat,fitted as standard to an S3 Heated door mirrors,fitted as standard to an S3 Isofix child seat anchor points, Trip computer,fitted as standard to an S3 Alloy wheels ,fitted as standard to an S3Headlight washers,fitted as standard to an S3 Folding rear seats,fitted as standard to an S3 Lumbar support ,fitted as standard to an S3Passenger airbag,fitted as standard to an S3 Sports seats ,fitted as standard to an S3Traction control ,fitted as standard to an S3Remote central locking,fitted as standard to an S3 PAS,fitted as standard to an S3 Front head restraints,fitted as standard to an S3 Front fog lights,fitted as standard to an S3 Front electric windows,fitted as standard to an S3 Electric door mirrors, Drivers airbag,fitted as standard to an S3Body coloured bumpers,fitted as standard to an S3Alarm,fitted as standard to an S3 Immobiliser,fitted as standard to an S3 Side airbags ,fitted as standard to an S3Rear headrests,fitted as standard to an S3 Electrically adjustable drivers seat,fitted as standard to an S3ABS, Electrically adjustable passenger seat,fitted as standard to an S3Insurance Group:18, ALL USUAL DEALER FACILITIES,ALL VEHICLE'S PREPARED TO A HIGH STANDARD . £10,495

amazing how they list everything which comes as standard to confuse ne buyers

I see, its good to know. Ill now know what to check for. Sat Nav isnt too important tbh, id rather a sunroof. Also im happy to upgrade the stereo myself. Wouldnt mind the Bose system. Prefer leather, not too keen on the other seats. Black would be fine, I do like Red also but they seem to be pretty thin on the ground also. Also are all facelift models 225 bhp ?

oooosh, take your time to get the right one, not because its happens to be closer.

Act in haste repent at leisure, with 10k, you should be very picky, as jojo said above, that is a really nice example!!!!!!!!!:jump:

Sorry is there a silver one here for sale ? Didnt see it ?

I can live with Silver.

Even at 9.5K that's way over-priced to me. But then again the stealers aren't nicknamed for no reason !

Cheapest place is the auction ,but how many do you see pop up there and you really need to know to know what you are looking at.

What sort of mileage are you thinking of covering per year ?

I like finesse's suggestion of the alternative car, but you start going into a different league there !

Last edited:
How much?? Christ. Swear some dealers on a different planet!

For 3k less I got one, a year younger, FASH, mint (and I mean mint) condition, same mileage. . .

It took me about three months to find it (car less for that period, except borrowing the old man's A4 Avant) but well worth it! Hold on to your cash and find one you are truly happy with!

True! Anyone fancy mine at 9k? **rubs hands together on 1.3k profit** Welly??

go check my mate Alex out he sells plenty of s3s, all high spec and all to a very clean high standard, you can google his website QUATTRO CENTER

So have most people that bought S3's here bought them privately or from a dealers..? I'm still waiting for the perfect one to pop up but I do see appealing ones being sold privately but I just wouldn't be sure on buying them as you don't have the comebacks you do as from buying form a garage.!!

Blair.

So have most people that bought S3's here bought them privately or from a dealers..? I'm still waiting for the perfect one to pop up but I do see appealing ones being sold privately but I just wouldn't be sure on buying them as you don't have the comebacks you do as from buying form a garage.!!

Blair.

You usually have to pay a small premium at garages to cover the warranty's they offer.

Thanks. But how much riskier(?) is it buying private..? No trade standards etc. Would be worried about buying one that seems fine and then a month later falls to pieces.!!

Which usually aren't worth the paper they're written on!

:iagree: Allways seems to be some sort of get out claus for them when you need to put a claim in. Better off getting it AA chacked IMO

When buying a car with the age and mileage of most 8Ls, AA checks are invaluable if you're not massively mechanically minded.

I actually didn't get one done on mine, purely based on the full Audi service history (recent service less than 1k ago).

Which usually aren't worth the paper they're written on!

This seems to be a mixed bag, I've had friends have turbo's blown on them(not S3 mind you), and it was covered under warranty, having bought the car used from a garage. Clutches and engines aswell, they have been replaced under warranty, after letting go a week after purchase.

Now on internet forums, you only get the negative side, as for those who are happy with their successful warranty claims, they don't usually make a thread about their fortune.

I'm not saying these warranties are the best, but you get something, and that's what some buyers want.

As with anything buying used, wether it's private or from a garage, it's only as good as it's previous owner, and the same risks are there. You make your choices, but I would put some money to the side just incase, and not buy something stretching my financial resources to the limit. In almost 10 years of S3 ownership, I've had the gearbox let go on me on the M42 a couple of years back, cost me £750ish to put right. These things just happen for no obvious reason.

The mileage wouldnt be a issue. I live about 5 miles from my work, would use it for work too but I wouldnt be travelling great distances. Ill keep an eye out, I was thinking about a GTI instead now ive found out its quite hard to get a S3 but really got my heart set on one so might stick it out. Actually had an offer from somebody in the forum who doesnt live too far away. Black with leather, alloys I like, bose etc. Decent mileage. Ill wait to see what kind of price hes looking for. I know abit about cars but I would get a friend to look it over, or my uncle as he knows them inside out. Audis have a good rep but I guess as this is a hot hatch it might have been thrashed. Any tell tales signs to look out for ? to help me avoid a dud!

How much?? Christ. Swear some dealers on a different planet!

For 3k less I got one, a year younger, FASH, mint (and I mean mint) condition, same mileage. . .

It took me about three months to find it (car less for that period, except borrowing the old man's A4 Avant) but well worth it! Hold on to your cash and find one you are truly happy with!

Yep, same here. Mine's a July '03 S3 in silver. Bought it privately with 65k on the clock, FASH, Bose, full leather, 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport tyres & new clutch for £7500. Knocked £300 off the asking price because cambelt needed doing. Paintwork is fantastic barring the usual few stonechips on the front bumper/bonnet.

Keep looking for the right one at the right price, don't get sucked into a bad deal on the basis of emotion!

U guys are lucky, in oz we have to pay $15kaud or £9k for a pre-face lift with high k's or around $20k+ or £13k+ for post-face lift models.

That being said all our cars came with leather, sunroof, xenons, bose, chrome mirrors, cruise control. Only thing we didnt get are heated seats or mirrors....prob since we are so warm anyway :p

Do get an RAC/AA check, and don't rush into an "easy" sale. I'm paying, quite a lot, for doing basically that. Full service history doesn't really count for as much after 100k miles!