fitted my facelift lights today...

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
What a mission. I glad i chose to go over to my mates garage as i would of been fobard without the little grinding tools. Just removing a little bit of your inner wing is deffo not the case!!
Dont get me wrong its not a difficult job, more of a pain in the arris!!

you need to grind out some plastic off the slam panel, remove the outer bolt and holder for the orig 2 piece lights, and you have to be very good with a grinder. it took me about an hour to do it, grinding, smoothing rust proofing and making up a loom out of the old and new. ill post more pics up as we was going along later as there on my mates phone.

this morning, new bulbs arrived as there different types between the old and new. New H1 Hid bulbs and H7 flashers.
SDC11646.jpg

birds eye view of the rear of the lights, old pre faclift connectors mounted into the plastic cover along side the HID bulb fitments
SDC11647.jpg

same light from a different view
SDC11648.jpg

head light in and working....
SDC11650.jpg

you wil prob notice a massive gap below the light, thats due to the bumper being damaged. it sits slightly too low. that is on my list *to do* once my redundancy moneys here!

cant wait till it gets dark so i can go see what me new lights look like! Ill get some better pics later. Best £60 i have spent!

Last edited:
Nice job Alpine.

Did you have fogs in your old lights?.

cheers mark... i got me self a new slim line 50w hid kit for these lights :) along with the *osram blue* things you can see reflecting in the 1st pic. (they light up white tho not blue) my old 35w larger ballast kit was looking a bit dated. the 50w are F**king bright and i only seen them in the day light. i have perfect set lines on the rear of cars as i pull up behind them, much better than the skitty pattern im used to in my old lights. Im trying to find a facelift Front bumper so they look spot on now. (as i need a new one)

Tom: yes i did have the fogs in the old lights. :)

Have you done away with them mate?. I'm wanting to facelift mine but I dont really want to be without the front fogs :(

are the fogs not intergrated into the h4 bulbs? mine are fella. 1 filament for main beam and other for fogs. :icon_thumright:

I didn't realise you could get 50w HID's now! I think mine are just 35w like most.

is there a big difference from 35w to 50w HIDs?

May be a tempting idea.....

Lights look great mate!

are the fogs not intergrated into the h4 bulbs? mine are fella. 1 filament for main beam and other for fogs. :icon_thumright:

Ahhh, good shout. So the main beams on the facelift are still H4's then mate?, if so happy days.... I'll get hunting for some lights.

How did you get on with the wiring for it, any tips?

Tom: the bulbs are different in the facelift light. H1 Dipped (hids) 501 side (same as) H7 main beam. Pre face lift are H7 dipped, H4 main/fogs 501 sides.

There wiring is quite straight forwards if im honest. i popped the loom out the new lights (litterally) and the old lights you can twist the loom out. the only difference is the h4 and the h7 connectors are different. 1 has 2 connectors 1 has 3. I plugged the loom in and got my mate on the multi meter finding out what wires done the main beam. Brown and white i think. then we spliced the wire and solder and heat shinked on the correct connector. does that sense? the sides and Hids will be self explanitry.

I will have the lights off again soon as i didnt have time to put the self adjusters on. so ill take pics for you all then and try and do a step by step for ya.

Ahh got you.

So the dipped are HIDS and the main beams are H7's then, gotcha.

So do you still have front fogs then?, as in the main beam bulbs doubling up as the fogs when not in use as per your old lights?

Ahh got you.

So the dipped are HIDS and the main beams are H7's then, gotcha. yes in the new face lift units

So do you still have front fogs then?, as in the main beam bulbs doubling up as the fogs when not in use as per your old lights? you mean the H4 bulbs? do i still have em?

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

What I mean is do you still have front fogs now you've changed your lights? (are they still on the same bulb as the full beam?)

ahhhh sorry mate.. to many lights in the equation!! No, i no longer have fogs in my new lights. Dont need them with hids anyways. Tho i will be getting lower fogs at some point and can run those from the loom in the lights (as its affectivly the old loom) so i will still be able to use the switch on the dash without re- wiring it all. just a case of running wires from the loom in the head lights down to the fogs in the lower bumper.

I didn't realise you could get 50w HID's now! I think mine are just 35w like most.

is there a big difference from 35w to 50w HIDs?

May be a tempting idea.....

Lights look great mate!

just see this mate sorry i didnt reply... the 50 watt hids are mental bright.. i have been running 35w HIDs for a couple years now. the 50s are loads better. I dont care who says what, i run 8000ks and i can see miles down the road!! love em!

ahhhh sorry mate.. to many lights in the equation!! No, i no longer have fogs in my new lights. Dont need them with hids anyways. Tho i will be getting lower fogs at some point and can run those from the loom in the lights (as its affectivly the old loom) so i will still be able to use the switch on the dash without re- wiring it all. just a case of running wires from the loom in the head lights down to the fogs in the lower bumper.

Cool, thats what I was getting at. If I changed my lights I'd have to replace the bottom half of my front bumper and get fogs etc and wire them up. Need to save some pennies for that because its not going to be cheap. Been on the look out for a facelift lower bumper for a while and they dont seem to pop up on ebay very often.

8000k :no:

Upgrade to 5000k and see the light - pun fully intended.

Alpine - as long as you're happy with them that's all that matters! Light output is fine with 8k's. I've got 8k's and i love them.

Indeed troopa... went out for some haribo last night and er... had to re- align them some what.. they were lighiting up the top floors of houses!! lol ooops.... I think they look great and work well with the 50w HIDS. just need to get some lower fogs now to complement the front end. (after i get a new bumper of corse)