what colours for mk1 s3?? new buyer help

cupra20v.t

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking at a S3 tomorrow night, it's a 2001 y plate 225 facelift, the onwer says its not dolphon grey but is mineral grey? was "mineral Grey" an option of the s3 on a 2001 y plate, is there such a colour?

whether the owner knows his audi colour names or not is questionable but the only colour verbally close to mineral grey i can find is meteor grey.

can anyone help me as im not interested in a car that could have been dolphin grey and has been painted a colour not available to the s3's.

thanks in advance

Y plates had a transition from pre to post facelift, pre face tends to have mineral grey and facelifts tend to have dolphin, although may come across some F/L's with mineral as they were trying use the paint up ;)

check the code on the sticker in the boot floor for the engine . It is likely to be a 210 not a 225. amazing how many think all facelift are 225 and they turn out 210. No disadvantage as they MAP like for like

I've got a Y-plate mineral grey S3 that's a facelift 210bhp model so dont worry its a factory colour.

Check the engine code to confirm... AMK is 210, BAM is 225.

i know this is a silly question and i may get shot down in flames but you chaps in the know maybe able to say yes or no.

how much is it worth?

y plate facelift, mineral grey, ivory leather,18" rs4's, chrome mirrors, forge recirc, revo remp, k&n pannel filter. 110k full service majority with audi lately with indy. looks in good condition from photos.

its a 3.5 hour drive to see it so i dont fancy checking it out first. i want to go with the cash and walk away with it if the price is right.

so far we have come to £5350.

3 keys, 12months mot, new disc/ pads, clutch, cambelt and water pump not so long ago

is it fairly priced?

it was on ebay and it sold for £4600, for some reason seller relisted at 5k starting bid, the auction ended with no bids.

i know this is a silly question and i may get shot down in flames but you chaps in the know maybe able to say yes or no.

how much is it worth?

y plate facelift, mineral grey, ivory leather,18" rs4's, chrome mirrors, forge recirc, revo remp, k&n pannel filter. 110k full service majority with audi lately with indy. looks in good condition from photos.

its a 3.5 hour drive to see it so i dont fancy checking it out first. i want to go with the cash and walk away with it if the price is right.

so far we have come to £5350.

3 keys, 12months mot, new disc/ pads, clutch, cambelt and water pump not so long ago

is it fairly priced?

it was on ebay and it sold for £4600, for some reason seller relisted at 5k starting bid, the auction ended with no bids.

good price

thanks guys. im toying with this or a tt 225. i know a tt is a bit girly but its one of those thing i have to own before its too late.

i think im going to see this audi tomorrow night. will hpi check it later and hope its clean.

will let you know. thanks for your help so far.

shayne

I knew I would get replies like that re a TT lol

I forgot to mention that i've enrolled to do NVQ hairdressing so a TT is justified lmao.

Stick to the S3 dude and go black.... Or you might as well do the beautician course while yr at it shayne...lol
Only messing dude im sure you'll look beautiful driving yr tt with the wind blowing through yr hair:lmfao:

it looks like im going to see this s3 tonight. hpi check came back all clear so only time will tell if shes had a bump or two lol.

the seller rang me earlier and said a problem has happened today with the car. suspicious !!!!!

he said when he indicates it works as normal, when the steering wheel cancels out the indicator it stops but you can hear the relay switch still click for 5 secs or so. he has taken it to a firend who told him its a dodgy hazard light switch. he is willing to knock £50 off because of this.

has anyone had this happen to them? was it a simple case of replacing the hazard switch or is it more complex than that?

thanks in advance.

beer tokens for someone with a qucik reply/answer as im setting off soon on the 3 hour drive

faulty relay . Rip one from a breakers dude :rockwoot:........ Show me the beer..... hope she turns out to be what yr looking for and not a wasted journey.

id buy original in fairness, upgraded part IIRC £30-£40 from Audi and easy to fit

was only a guess i dont have a clue, just saw the free beer add and acted on impulse...l:tocktock:

so is it a relay or a hazard switch?

I want to order one today if I can.

by that statement I guess you can tell I bought the car.

it turned out to be a nice clean one for a change.

It has a few niggles I need to sort like, traction light is on and wipers are dead slow. I will scan the car tonight with vag com and see what it says about the traction light (ive had this in the past with abs sensors going down) but the seller mentioned a "lateral throttle sensor" or summit so we will see,

if anyone has any ideas over this then let me know as i would like it as fault free as poss.

AND howdee im now an s3 club member look out audi sport net lmao.

the relay and hazzard switch are the same.....its one unit ;)

to fit just pop off the surrounding black trim and pull out the old hazard switch n plug in the new one (sounds easy but is a ****** to get out, ya have to jiggle it, just a lil bit)

ta likin ma lyrics :)

check out mc animal lol.

will go and order one today then, will GSF or ECP stock them or is it a dealer part only?

thanks in advance

ECP stock them £34, picked one up but instead of clicking like mad the thing trys to beep like mad now and badly. so Ive returned it and they are ordering me a new one incase the one i had was dodgy.

the part munbers were the same except mine had a K and a trebble clef on the end of the part number and the one ECP supplied had a P on the end and no trebble clef on the end.

but the guys at ECP reckon that the one i had is the latest one out for my chassis numer and from (ETKA) hence why the last letter of part number has moved from K to P.

im at a loss if the new one they order doesnt cure it for me.

anyone with an idea???

the part ECP supplied was a genuine vw part, it came in the white and grey box with all the vag logos etc.

i like to clean it before i show photos of it. weather permitting i will have pics up on sunday

it has genuine rs4's but the silver is very dull almost grey, it looks like the lacquer has gone murky. the previous owners must have used too much wheel acid or too much concentrate of wheel acid and its discoloured the lacquer.

i need to remove all 4 rims and try and buff them back to silver.

im a true believer in pics on threads so i will chuck some up as soon as i can

no joy with a new hazard switch, i have tried 3 now and every one of them beeps, but the one on the car just clicks.

im going to remove all the indicator bulbs and check they are all the same wattage, im also going to run a hair dryer over the insides of the hazard switch to melt and dodgy solder that may cause this problem.

if anyone else has any ideas please speak up as this is frying my brain.

well as promised, her is my s3, these pics are from today, the car was cleaned saturday, so excuse the dirty matts and dusty paint.

(if anyone has a spare 18" rs4 i can borrow for 2 weeks i would really appreciate it, mine are in a primer grey and i need to have them painted one at a time and i dont fancy rolling on my space saver, i need the car for work mon-fri. ill rent a wheel off someone if they have one in their garage thats wasting away or not being used until winter (with or without a tyre doesnt bother me) cheers
DSC_0072-2.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0076-4.jpg

DSC_0087-1.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

I thought i'd seen you, your car was in Bridgend this weekend. Drove past us the other way. I live in bridgend and do a fair bit of detailing myself (hobby), we should meet up and have a chat!

Lovely car btw.

G

Car is great. Just the wheels to sort.

Not sure about your comments with the hair dryer melting solder. Think you'll need alot more heat than that or you risk creating a dry joint!

What was the traction control problem?

Enjoy!

i had an old style ps3 and it had the yellow light of death problem which is due to heat from the machine messing soldered circuitry onthe PCB's, i saw a youtube video of some kid putting his ps3 under a duvet and ramming a hair dryer in there. within 5 minutes his ps3 was working, i tried it and it worked for me, the heat allowed the solder to run back into its tracks and make the curcuit. just thought it could do the same for my switch.

anyway after a few hours of tinkering, steering wheel off, clocks, out, stalks off etc, i blew them all out with compressed air, gave the indicator stalk a squirt of WD40 and voila, no more annoying ticking, problem solved and no £35 switch from stealers.

traction problem a little more complex, i have started a new thread about that.
MR.G YHM