Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: N75 valve

Neutral

Status

N75 valve

im needing an N75 valve to sort out my boost problem, ive read threads about an N75 J valve, is this an upgraded one that would be worth getting instead of the standard? also an idea where i would source a valve as i would imagine audi would be V expensive?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Do a search mate, been covered loads!
    As for the j valve, i think its a bit hit and miss, some say they are really good, others say they are a waste of time.
    I personally dont think they are that good as they just cause the boost to spike, i have also been told by a very good tuning company that the j valve is a waste of time

Supermoto Junkie

Status
    I bypassed the N75 altogether on a my 1.8T Ibiza, seemed to really sharpen things up a little. Am no expert but the ins and outs are the same so maybe possible on other 1.8Ts.
    FOR SALE: 2003 RED Audi S3 - 73k - MINT - Custom-Code - Black Leather - £6600

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcog33 View Post
    im needing an N75 valve to sort out my boost problem, ive read threads about an N75 J valve, is this an upgraded one that would be worth getting instead of the standard? also an idea where i would source a valve as i would imagine audi would be V expensive?
    ive been running the j valve a few weeks with no problems, seems to differ car to car though, around 60 from audi

Chugger

Status
    I have a J valve sitting around if you would like one. I didnt notice much with it.

The difference with the J is that due to its workings it reacts slower and as said causes a bigger spike, which will throw the car into limp mode if spike is too great. I would say stick with standard
    Pete are you sure you bypassed the N75, do you not mean the N249 which controls the dumpvalve?
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    My mate has kinda done this on his Ibiza Cupra due to his actuator which is buggered up. He's done something along the lines of missing a beat on his N75.
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!