AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Defo worth the wait :)

Status

Coloured Calipers

Yes or No??

Standard calipers, just thinking of doing them a different colour, either Silver, to match the colour of the car, or possibly blue, to match the interior of the car and to add a bit of colour.

Thoughts and opinions welcome, has anyone else done this and is it a hard job?

TIA
    Nilz

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    nothing wrong with it mate. its up to u. ive done it in the past and i was happy with it. better results if u take off the calipers but u can do it with them on. Just dont get any hammerite on the discs etc

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Up to you, but blue = = chav in my opinion!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Mate, I was thinking of doing mine some sort of loud green colour to match my springs....thought it would add a bit of colour behind my grey wheels...ha ha.

In all honesty I think they'll end up black though
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    JD, i like!!!!! NOT!!!!!!

OK i wasnt thinking that bright, if you have seen the Blue Alcantara, i was looking more that colour, however after seeing that, its not seeming like a good idea, maybe silver or black now then!!!

Although, i have just seen some glow in the dark paint, then they would really be glowing brakes

Status
    Yeah I'm only jesting with you fella. Dark blue might look quite good h'actually.

I was thinking of doing mine red, but might just stick with getting them powdercoated black instead. Nice and subtle since mine are standard and nothing to really shout about!

Smell my finger.

Status
    same here, I think I'll be doing mine satin black this weekend if I get time and the weathers alright.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

thats me

Status
    I did mine graphite grey, used normal car paint over a good primer and they have been ok for 5 years
    red to red black to black blue to bits

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    Painted my rear calipers red to match my red Mov'it front discs! Like having a bit of color behind the wheels!

6th Gear

Status
    Nilz bud I'm going to do the same but I'm doing mine black just to tidy the area up. I rekon black or silver to match the car personally. Let us know how you get on.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Status
    No worries Rav, im hoping to get my wheels done soon, so while they are off the car, im going to see if i can have a go at the calipers.

i might actually go with the silver to keep in line with the car colour, although matt black sounds good too, but then that would just look like they do now...lol

S3 Owner

Status
    I too have a silver S3 and painted my rears silver and i think its looks nice and clean. Just need to get the fronts done now!

Status
    Regardless of colour, think I am going to speak to a powder coaters for coating them. Means they will last unlike the messy calipers on my old Clio Chipped to buggery after a few years.

Neutral

Status
    im want to paint mine yellow(silver s3). but want the s3 decals like on the new s3 model, the ones on ebay seem too small , anyone know where i can find large s3 decals?

cheers

jay

Status
    I'm sure if you took the design to a local vinyl company they would be able to knock some up for a small fee.

I actually know a guy (internet based), well worth contacting;

http://www.n2grafix.co.uk/

Ady is the guy there, top work based on stuff from Cliosport.net

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    Red FTW!!

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

S3 DCY

Status
    I'm glad you brought this up nilz ! I've been thinking about doing mine black as i'm getting my avus refurb and powder coated gloss black. Been trying to decide wether to get the calipers powdercoated or just try some of that paint in a can with a brush or even spray? It's a very time consuming job especially when it's your daily driver.

Status
    Dan, Black on black with more black....dont you think thats going to be too much black???

And yes I totally agree, it is so difficult doing anything with the car being used as a daily, I cant even attempt anything as if it goes wrong, then im car-less!!

If I could get the calipers off in time, I would too like to get them powder coated, as it just makes sense, however, I think I will be going down the wire brush and paint can route!!

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Mine went Hammerite smooth gold.

A different look IMO....

Would photograph, but frankly, I'm having a bad day and can't be arsed!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dancarpy View Post
    I'm glad you brought this up nilz ! I've been thinking about doing mine black as i'm getting my avus refurb and powder coated gloss black. Been trying to decide wether to get the calipers powdercoated or just try some of that paint in a can with a brush or even spray? It's a very time consuming job especially when it's your daily driver.
    Don't forget, with gloss black wheels your tyres will always look dirty . . .

/OCD sufferer!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post

/OCD sufferer!
    I have this issue..... Tyre Slick me up baby!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

6th Gear

Status
    Hi, i have a silver S3, and i just painted my calipers black because they were looking abit old.Looks good on standard brakes, i think,.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I have this issue..... Tyre Slick me up baby!!
    Megs long lasting or even better (price/budget dependant) Blackfire Tyre gel.

Status

Status
    LOL, thats for people who spend money on car care.....

Tyre Slick = Cheap, cheerful, yet functional.

It's all good!
    Homer Simpson

S3 DCY

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Dan, Black on black with more black....dont you think thats going to be too much black???

And yes I totally agree, it is so difficult doing anything with the car being used as a daily, I cant even attempt anything as if it goes wrong, then im car-less!!

If I could get the calipers off in time, I would too like to get them powder coated, as it just makes sense, however, I think I will be going down the wire brush and paint can route!!

/OCD sufferer!

Hmm you might be right nilz but im going for the stealth/murder look so i dunno if any other colour will go if i have a fully black car. Theres only red i think i could prob get away with !
    My mates doing his calipers in that glow in the dark paint so im gunna wait till hes done his and see how it looks .
    Imagine at night a black s3 with glowing calipers ? or do you reckon its just gonna look chavvy as ?
    I blacked out my grill last week and also done the rear boot rings in black so hopefully some time soon ill have time to stick it on.
    JD you do have a point..but ill just make sure there always shining. haha

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Megs long lasting or even better (price/budget dependant) Blackfire Tyre gel.
    i'll vouch for this stuff, lasts longer than most ive tried
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status
    Glow in the dark paint.

I put a wire brush to them and some satin black hammerite, i only done two coats as i couldnt be arsed with removing every wheel again, so from far away it looked fine :D
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    yeah another here for wire brush, wipe down and red hammerite......chipped a little bit but they do get heavily pressured washed weekly and have lasted almost 2 years before chipping on 1 corner
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold