Air vent removal

Keefy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday noticed there's a rattle coming from the passenger side air vent as I go over bumps - on closer inspection it appears that a tiny shard of plastic has broken off the inside of the vent grille and is rattling around in there somewhere. I've had a poke around with some long pliers and tweezers but to no avail. Looks like the vent is going to have to come off.

Had a little pull but it's not budging. I'm not sure if it's just a bit stiff or if there are clips that I've missed? Not keen on trying too much harder as I don't want to make a mess of the interior. Looked on some of the vent-based boost gauge threads but there's no info on actually removing the vent grill. Should I just give it some or is there a special way of removing them?

I asked this a while back,
So the thread should be somewhere... basicaly it involved making 2 hooks that just fit through the gaps in the vent... one top and one bottom. they latch over the back of the vent housing ( about 3 inch inside the vent ) and this allows you to pull the vent free. If a search brings you no results i will take a picture later and upload it

20pwnsp.jpg

:detective2:

I just have bought Audi A3 1999.. The passenger air vent is borken, can someone help me how to change it?

Mn6S1UPILizTp5z 8Pi2Svg one of this are broken.. so how can I remove this all, not just the part which is broken..

You need some trim removal tools, which is usually red plastic and you can gently take it out. Then the entire unit comes out. If you have a facelift A3 (With red lights in the vents) you will need to do some solering. Shouldnt take any more than 15 minutes.

Reactions: ZeroOne
But some pictures or video, what kind of trim removal tool ?