Replaced wishbones?

Julz.S3

6th Gear
Reaction score
Hi there, i just had the two front wishbones and two front tyres changed on my s3, it cost mw £530.

What do you guys think of the price ?,it's to late now but i just wanted to know.Cheers:greyrs4:

depends what tyres . i know wishbones are £25 each with ball joints form Euros...

i would expect to pay £100 per corner for decent tyres (17's) not sure about wishbones

S3 wishbones are more expensive than A3 ones as they are forged rather than pressed steel... I suspect they were genuine parts as they are in the region of £100+ each... Audi change them rather than just the bushes as its actually cheaper (labour costs) as a whole job than the cost of pressing out and pressing in new ones (by all accounts) and at around £100 per hour its no surprise why...

<tuffty/>

Price seems about right to me, new OE wishbones cost me about £220 inc VAT iirc, would expect to pay £90-100 a corner for tyres then you've got labour on top of that. Did they check the alignment aswell?

yup can confirm the S3 wishbones are more expensive, you can buy pattern parts but i wouldnt recommend as they are much thinner than A3 ones so you really need to be certain you are getting the highest quality

although my local ex Audi guy pressed my bushes out as this worked out cheaper with him doing it, think he charged me £70-£80 all in then my tracking on top from JBS.... so all in all not too bad if you can find the right garage

Julz, im guessing you used a main dealer - we all learn the hard way :)

depends what tyres they are, bear in mind i recently bought two pirelli Rosso's at £130 a corner, £260 total..... fitted

then the wishbones on top..... its not an amazing price either especially if the tyres are a cheaper brand