A3 Retrofitting front fogs on a facelift (wiring diagram and advise please) :)

sulaiman

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well I have a facelift a3 with no fog lights on the front, I have managed to source both front fogs, fog lamp grilles, both the connectors for the front fogs and the headlamp switch for the interior.

What I need to do now is make up the wiring with your help :) , Would someone be so kind to get me the wiring diagram for the front fog lamps? That should be enough to guide me in to making the loom.

I am aware you can buy the loom from kufatec but I don't think 39euros is justified for 2 connectors, some wiring, a relay and a relay holder.

I'm sure I can build it for cheaper and that is my mission, in return I will be sure to do a guide for any other members looking to do the same.

Many thanks,

Sulaiman

Last edited:
The Haynes manual has a wiring diagram, which should help but I personally don't see the point in retrofitting front fogs. I know they're nice and it's up to you but for the money, and how little use they'd get it seems a little pointless...

Do you have the Haynes manual for the Audi a3? If so could you scan the diagram for me and post it up on this thread?

Normally I would agree with you with regards to retrofitting, but its something I like, have purchased and would like to get full use out of hence wiring them up and not just having them in place. Cheers

Hi, Did you manage to retrofit the fog lights... I m in the same situation and needs some guidance and help...

The only info you need is to add a wire from pin 8 of the headlight switch to a relay, and have the 12v output of the relay going to the foglight area to wire into the fog lights.

Thanks Sulaiman, the situation is I have bought Fog lights + Grills + Headlight switch (with the front fog option). I am still thinking whether to go for wiring loom from kufatec or not. Did you buy in the end?

If buying the wiring loom makes it simple then happy to spend 30 odd quid.

Would you be able to guide me in bit more detail how to finish it off please. Also do I need coding expert as well?

Much appreciated.

No coding necessary, read this: FAQ: RELAYS; how they work and how to wire it up...

12527647e9129233622.bmp

Wire a relay behind the headlight switch, take 12v positive from under the fusebox (30), earth from the steering column (85), 12v signal from pin 8 of headlight switch (86), and you have 12v ready to send to the fog lights from 87.

Rip it all out and fit a set of rude boy horns, they make you go faster and everyfin' -

2011-09-18145120.jpg

sulaiman:1428646 said:
No coding necessary, read this: FAQ: RELAYS; how they work and how to wire it up...

12527647e9129233622.bmp

Wire a relay behind the headlight switch, take 12v positive from under the fusebox (30), earth from the steering column (85), 12v signal from pin 8 of headlight switch (86), and you have 12v ready to send to the fog lights from 87.

Mate I been told that central electric module on my car (ending with J) does not support fog lights... Disappointed!!!!

What is the central electic module, and where is it located?
Looking at wiring diagrams on my car, there is nothing other than switches and relays, if you pop a new relay into an exsisting hole in the relay board, using pin 8 as you said, and live and earth from under the fuse box and steering column, run a feed though the bulkhead to the fogs, should be good to go?