Calling S3 Seat Experts - Movement Problem with Pics, Advice Please?

Soooooo after sticking it back together with halfords epoxy bonding glue and waiting 3days for it to set....
(http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_194637_langId_-1_categoryId_165691)

I'VE FINALLY FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feels so dam good to have both seats now slide forward and back when the levers pulled, passengers will be pleased! Had my doubts whether the epoxy would hold after a day it seems solid!

If you are attempting this make sure you sand down the metal area before you bond it as it makes the bond more secure. Take your time with it as the part is constantly under pressure by the cable so needs the best chance to set properelly. Worth the effort and was very lucky the part was still there behind the trim.. Hoping mine will last. :)

Has anyone tried contacting Recaro directly for the part?

Yes I contacted Recaro's UK HQ and they only deal with aftermarket Recaro seats and parts for them - not any based in current cars. That's Germany Recaro who deal with that side.

Audi themselves deal directly with Germany Recaro for all the seat parts so you have to go through Audi for Audi Recaro Seat Parts. The bad news I believe this part is actually part of the seat frame although Stoke Audi on the Forums said they think they've identified it from a standard A3 seat mechanism. Either way you can't get parts at all for our Recaro seats from Recaro UK I'm afraid.

Thanks, me to lol! I think it'll last a long time... I looked up the glue the french guy used in the link above and he used a type of suplerglue! It wasn't even a 2part epoxy like I've used. Plus I had some liquid metal lieing about so I put some of that on after it had dried on the Epoxy as extra bond.

Did anybody ever find out if this part can be sourced? Iv got my seat on my garage floor and been trying to fix it. Iv got half of the old cable holder, which yesterday I bonded on with aralite, properly keying up the surface and let it set for 24 hrs. But after testing the chair it came straight off :blownose:

I'm considering making a new piece out of steak instead of crappy cast ally the original is made from, and welding it on.

I didn't no this thread existed, only my passenger seat tilts and slides. Drivers just tilts. I thought it was normal as my mates civic type r is the same.

Don't really no if I can be ***** to fix it tbh, sounds like alot of hassle? Or is it easy, just time consuming?

It's only because the clip snaps off, not really time consuming or difficult. I only took my seat out because I thought I'd be able to weld the holder on... But after I found it was aluminium and the seat frame is steel. Iv used chemical metal on mine now, so going to put the seat back in but not connect the cable up for a few days to give it time to cure.

Grrrr

After bonding it on and letting it cure for 3 days it's broken off again. I even keyed it up with a grinder. Must be too much strain going through the cable, so maybe the mech under the seat needs lubricating.

Don't suppose anyone with etka could post a copy of the seat parts break down?

Really does my head in, as I quite often have people in the back.

Ok.... Looks like mine broke tonight! I've got the part here but it goes without saying that bits have broken off!
Does anyone have a drawing or diagram of this part? Or even just use photoshop to show me what this part should look like using my photos. This is for the passanger side seat.
If I can get enough detailed drawing I can possibly get these made up. So far I can't see any of the broken bits on the floor.

Heres the pics of my part.

5e4a4502.jpg

518e80e2.jpg

792d68af.jpg

Hopefully someone can help and I might be able to get these parts made and available to all!

Can you believe I just failed my MOTfor this exact issue today???!!! Failed MOT!!! No other faults, just that my driver seat doesn't slide properly when you lift the lever on the side of the seat, it just tilts.

I've got 10 days to get this sorted so I can get a free re-test so relieved to see a (probably quite tricky) fix has been shared. Thanks