Writing a custom map with a tuning tool??

Chlippo

Reaction score
as the title indicates...anyone have an idea or have tried to write a map to his car by himself
i mean...mitsubishi evo owners can do it...can we? if so what we will be using as a software for
reading modifing writing the maps.
I heard about something called kwp2000plus that might be able to do the job
ideas?

EVO mapping stuff and map files are available open source IIRC... Bosch maps and tools aren't which is why people don't do it.

<tuffty/>

its true. but can we still customise our own maps with an item like that and it seems it comes with many maps already loaded into it but its not what im looking for...im not an expert in doing it yet but with the help of some friends i might be able to have my own custom map that will suit my car the best

PS: I drive a stock 2001 silver S3 AMK engine with black leather and white alcantara seats

Even if you had the software to edit your map you would need an aweful lot of knowledge and expertese to do it with any degree of success, the likely result if you started to muck about with your map would be one very sick ECU and possibly an unusable car. Dont do it, leave it to the experts that have the R&D tools and skills to get it right.

its true. but can we still customise our own maps with an item like that and it seems it comes with many maps already loaded into it but its not what im looking for...im not an expert in doing it yet but with the help of some friends i might be able to have my own custom map that will suit my car the best

PS: I drive a stock 2001 silver S3 AMK engine with black leather and white alcantara seats

I bet you cant do it yourself.

search about on google, there's shed loads of info on various tools, from read/write, to editing, to checksum correction etc etc etc

Not a chance you will be able to do a better job than those who are familiar with the Me7's internals.
flashing and reading is the easy but.. understanding the interlelations between the tables, where they are, what they do etc etc is where the many MANY hours of research and testing comes in.

OR but yourself a DimSport tool set, or WinOls etc and get stuck in.

good luck!

i will probably get my car mapped at superhips or revo...didnt decide yet...i like revo just for the fact that you can have more than one map and you can have the device to switch between any time you like.
I just wanted to know if anyone had any idea about what programmer/software to use so i can modify or do my own map...i must admit that i am not an expert in maping but some softwares make it a bit easier and the fact of having an mitsubishi evolution tuner as a freind of mine (he will probably do the most of the work) it will help a lot i think and i might give it a try when the $ are just enough for this project.
I will take a look at dimsport and winols and see about the spec and the cost!