Vague Steering

Plunky

Reaction score
Lately I have been finding the steering on my A3 very vague and sloppy. For example, I will go turn around a corner and if I come across a small bump in the road during the cornering the front end feels like it skips slightly. I am also getting a slight squeal during turning at slow speed.
I have also noticed that I am getting a juddering when breaking heavily, I know this could be warped discs but could it be related to the vague steering issue?

Has anybody elso exoerienced anything like this? any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Liam

I think so too ...i know my front shocks need replacing and i get a couple of those same symptoms buddy

not cool, i hope this dosnt mean new shocks as mnie are coilovers which arnt that old to be honest, could wishbone bushes cause this? or top mounts?

i had this prob and it was my wishbones. do your track rod ends too,, as i now have to replace mine 2 weeks after doing my wishbones! lol Dam car!

i think a number of things contribute to this worn ball joints, top mounts, front wish bone bushes

not sure about track end rods ?

i done everything when fittin my coilovers. ARB bushes, wishbones, sub frame mounts. Still get me stupid clonk and funny feeling steering. the only thing left is the steering rack.. its either the racks fobard or the tie rods are mullerd. Cant really think what else there is. ??

Going to replace the wishbones, inlcuding all the bushes and ball joints. If this dosnt help then will change top mounts etc..

i had simular sort of thing a bit vague even when on a straight road,changed drop links and roll bar bushes,much more responsive now.good luck.:s3addict::thumbsup:

ok thanks mate, i will definately be changing those parts.

I had a look at the arb yesterday and noticed i could see a small gap between the bush and the arb so im guessing the bushes have had it

ok thanks mate, i will definately be:racer:the bush and the arb so im guessing the bushes have had it

USE UPRATED POWERFLEX BUSHES HARDER WEARING LONGER LIFE AND NOT TO EXPENSIVE FRONTS CAN BE A BIT AWKWARD TO GET TO BACKS A BIT EASIER OK MATEY...

Get the tracking checked tbh, mine was toeing out massively and caused pretty much the same symptons. Either way if you go changing parts you should get tracking done anyway

Decided im just going to change all the suspect parts..cant be a bad thing and then get the tracking done afterwards