Audi s3 downpipe and de cat

dec27871

Reaction score
Hi guys im thinking of fitting a 3 inch downpipe and decat bit the one i was thinking of buying of ebay says i have to replace the engine mount to a dog bone one has any1 else heard of this and does any1 know were i can get a straight through centre pipe or just a back box for my 2000 s3
chearz guys

A few people have fitted the xs power ones off ebay and say they are fine apart from they need some modifing to fit correctly.

I have the XS power one from ebay, i had the head and turbo off the car at the time so it made modifying and fitting a lot easier.

XS do buy it now for £310 or make a offer. Offer him £220 and you will get it

Hi guys im thinking of fitting a 3 inch downpipe and decat bit the one i was thinking of buying of ebay says i have to replace the engine mount to a dog bone one has any1 else heard of this and does any1 know were i can get a straight through centre pipe or just a back box for my 2000 s3
chearz guys
they all have the dogbone mount, a guy on here is fabricating them a3turbo?

When they first went on ebay, the xs power stuff was selling for peanuts, they also did a turbo manifold too but god knows what that was like.

All A3's and S3's have a dogbone mount.... its the lower mount from the subframe to the bottom of the gearbox... if they are suggesting replacing the engine mount to a dogbone mount then they have got it round their neck wording it like that....

What is more likely is that due to the 3" DP being a tighter fit then stiffer engine mounts are needed to prevent it from hitting things when the engine moves under load...

I a have a power flex bush in mine which are about £30.... perfectly capable of holding it all together

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
What sort of modifing do they need to fit.
Any1 kno were to get a centre pipe or back from btw. Uprated that is lol

Sorry m8 sum one eirlyer said you need to modify them to fit.can u send me the ebay link for the xs power downpipe.

What about if you just want to de cat the exhaust what is involved???

The CAT isn't the restriction... the DP is.... You can fit a decat pipe which replaces the oem twin cats but doen't do much more than make your car illegal, trigger a CEL and fail an MOT...

OEM CATs very rarely come off on cars with mileage in one piece... everyone I have removed needed the fixings to the DP chiselling or disc cutting off...

Pipeworx DP looks ok, 3" with a 200 cell CAT....

<tuffty/>

I have the Pipeworx DP dont know how the fitting was as Bill did it although it does seam to sit lower but that may just be down to size and space.

Any 3" DP will be tight on a quattro, prob looks lower due to the CAT... the OEM cats are smaller diameter but there are 2 of them so enables it to be kept tighter up in the tunnel...

The Pipeworx DP starts to bend round sooner than the OEM DP which makes it easier too fit from underneath but the OEM DP is still a git to remove...

The Pipeworx DP turbo flange bolt holes are quite large too so there is room to adjust where it sits but they are a ****** to get at (soz Bill)

<tuffty/>

So is it not worth putting the decat on, just the downpipe? Would it still make any gains? Sound any different?

And if I didn't bother with the decat just the down pipe, can I still get to stage 2? (With the other mods of course)

So is it not worth putting the decat on, just the downpipe? Would it still make any gains? Sound any different?

And if I didn't bother with the decat just the down pipe, can I still get to stage 2? (With the other mods of course)

Think there is a little bit of confusion here...

You can't fit a 3" to OE cats... you will need to use the manufacturers decat of cat offering when fitting a 3" DP... Pipeworx for example supply a 3" DP with either a sports cat or decat...

Just doing a decat on an OE DP won't really achieve much as its the DP thats restrictive... the problem if you change the DP to a 3" ONE then you have to change the cats anyway... Miltek offer a DP but its essentially the same as an OE one and not worth the money/effort as all you will have something just as restrictive and a massive hole in your pocket..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Michael Tobin