Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi s3 downpipe and de cat

Hi guys im thinking of fitting a 3 inch downpipe and decat bit the one i was thinking of buying of ebay says i have to replace the engine mount to a dog bone one has any1 else heard of this and does any1 know were i can get a straight through centre pipe or just a back box for my 2000 s3
    chearz guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    A few people have fitted the xs power ones off ebay and say they are fine apart from they need some modifing to fit correctly.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I have the XS power one from ebay, i had the head and turbo off the car at the time so it made modifying and fitting a lot easier.

XS do buy it now for 310 or make a offer. Offer him 220 and you will get it
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dec27871 View Post
    Hi guys im thinking of fitting a 3 inch downpipe and decat bit the one i was thinking of buying of ebay says i have to replace the engine mount to a dog bone one has any1 else heard of this and does any1 know were i can get a straight through centre pipe or just a back box for my 2000 s3
    chearz guys
    they all have the dogbone mount, a guy on here is fabricating them a3turbo?

Status
    When they first went on ebay, the xs power stuff was selling for peanuts, they also did a turbo manifold too but god knows what that was like.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    All A3's and S3's have a dogbone mount.... its the lower mount from the subframe to the bottom of the gearbox... if they are suggesting replacing the engine mount to a dogbone mount then they have got it round their neck wording it like that....

What is more likely is that due to the 3" DP being a tighter fit then stiffer engine mounts are needed to prevent it from hitting things when the engine moves under load...

I a have a power flex bush in mine which are about 30.... perfectly capable of holding it all together

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 21st April 2010 at 20:36.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    What sort of modifing do they need to fit.
    Any1 kno were to get a centre pipe or back from btw. Uprated that is lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Whats that in english??? lol

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry m8 sum one eirlyer said you need to modify them to fit.can u send me the ebay link for the xs power downpipe.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    The bolt hole are out so they need redrilling also part of the flange need trimming

As Tuffty said English as we don't like text talk on here
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

4th Gear

Status
    What about if you just want to de cat the exhaust what is involved???

Status
    Remove the cat for a de-cat section.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottm4 View Post
    What about if you just want to de cat the exhaust what is involved???
    The CAT isn't the restriction... the DP is.... You can fit a decat pipe which replaces the oem twin cats but doen't do much more than make your car illegal, trigger a CEL and fail an MOT...

OEM CATs very rarely come off on cars with mileage in one piece... everyone I have removed needed the fixings to the DP chiselling or disc cutting off...

Pipeworx DP looks ok, 3" with a 200 cell CAT....

<tuffty/>

5th Gear

Status
    I have the Pipeworx DP dont know how the fitting was as Bill did it although it does seam to sit lower but that may just be down to size and space.
    Ive been Badger 5'd

Can we break the magic 300?????? In a word Yes 314 BHP 249 lbft at Badger 5

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    steves is way quicker than any stock turbo'd s3 i have driven
    I only date skinny Women! They keep my power to weight higher...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Any 3" DP will be tight on a quattro, prob looks lower due to the CAT... the OEM cats are smaller diameter but there are 2 of them so enables it to be kept tighter up in the tunnel...

The Pipeworx DP starts to bend round sooner than the OEM DP which makes it easier too fit from underneath but the OEM DP is still a git to remove...

The Pipeworx DP turbo flange bolt holes are quite large too so there is room to adjust where it sits but they are a bugger to get at (soz Bill)

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    So is it not worth putting the decat on, just the downpipe? Would it still make any gains? Sound any different?

And if I didn't bother with the decat just the down pipe, can I still get to stage 2? (With the other mods of course)
    S3 AMK (AKA FUTURE CLASSIC )

Mods So Far: PCV Delete, N249 Bypass, S2K Filter, Black Side Indicators, FMIC, B5 TIP, Rear Anti Roll Bar, Polybush Upgrade.

Mods Wanted/Planned: Wheel Spacers, Moar Silicone, 3" Downpipe, Decat, Debadge Rear Rings, Spray Front Rings, 8P/V Gear Knob, REVO!!!!!!!

MISC: Sort Out Paintwork...

Because It Makes No Attempt To Be Great, It Is Therefore Extremely Great.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman_1986 View Post
    So is it not worth putting the decat on, just the downpipe? Would it still make any gains? Sound any different?

And if I didn't bother with the decat just the down pipe, can I still get to stage 2? (With the other mods of course)
    Think there is a little bit of confusion here...

You can't fit a 3" to OE cats... you will need to use the manufacturers decat of cat offering when fitting a 3" DP... Pipeworx for example supply a 3" DP with either a sports cat or decat...

Just doing a decat on an OE DP won't really achieve much as its the DP thats restrictive... the problem if you change the DP to a 3" ONE then you have to change the cats anyway... Miltek offer a DP but its essentially the same as an OE one and not worth the money/effort as all you will have something just as restrictive and a massive hole in your pocket..

<tuffty/>