Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    E3 APC

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Geordie land
    Posts
    55

    A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    I've found me way onto this forum coz I'm hoping to purchase an A3 1.8T. But another manager at work has gone an bought a brand spanking 3.2 quattro A3 with DSG. He's confused at why I'm going from a modded gtir/ 160+mph capable 200s background to a lower performance car but thats my business. Its just hes a very conpetitive bloke!!!! So my question to you good chaps is simple. What do reckon the little 1.8T could do with a 3.2 quattro once on the blackstuff. As I've mentioned in other posts I won't be going for crazy mods. Just a panel filter and re-map, so 200bhp/200lb-ft. And it will be running on 18's I wud hope. I don't intend to buy the 1.8T as a balls out street racer, its just hes been winding me up all day and I need a bit of ammo.

    Specs I'm aware of: 250bhp, 236 lb'ft, 0-60 in 6.3 with the dsg, but heavy at 1525kilos. I'm not bothered about top end, although I keep hearing confliting reports of wether the 155 in governed or not.

    U reckon power to wait cud be the decider, and he'll surely loose around 12% of that power through the 4x4 system

    Let me know what U think

    Regards

    Andy


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    I reckon the 3.2 feels a fair bit quicker than a chipped A3...no doubt about it! the 3.2 isnt as slow as some might think.

    Rich

  4. #3
    E3 APC

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Geordie land
    Posts
    55

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    [ QUOTE ]
    I reckon the 3.2 feels a fair bit quicker than a chipped A3...no doubt about it! the 3.2 isnt as slow as some might think.

    Rich


    [/ QUOTE ]

    So, the debate starts.........
    I knew the first reply wud be bad news. Its just I hate going off 'figures' coz its all about the 'on the road' characteristics. Surely he wudn't destroy me??

  5. #4
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    [ QUOTE ]
    2pac said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    I reckon the 3.2 feels a fair bit quicker than a chipped A3...no doubt about it! the 3.2 isnt as slow as some might think.

    Rich


    [/ QUOTE ]

    So, the debate starts.........
    I knew the first reply wud be bad news. Its just I hate going off 'figures' coz its all about the 'on the road' characteristics. Surely he wudn't destroy me??

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well definately not... but i reckon he will be quicker. I drove my A3 in its 190bhp chipped state for 18 months so know what it felt like, and after driving Steph's 3.2V6 on saturday, i would definately say that its quicker! was pretty impressed with it too!

    Rich

  6. #5
    StephaneS's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    379

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    Even though he'll definitely be quicker I dont think he would destroy you at all
    through the haldex and other transmission elements you lose much more than just 12% as I discovered Saturday, more like 30%
    even in the twisties you wont lose much because the weight of the V6 lump makes it understeer so much

  7. #6
    StephaneS's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    379

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    was pretty impressed with it too!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    If you want a new project after your little rocket, don't forget mine will be on sale beginning of 2005

  8. #7
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    was pretty impressed with it too!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    If you want a new project after your little rocket, don't forget mine will be on sale beginning of 2005

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I wish! Still be paying for mine then...

    ...well, for the next stage anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  9. #8
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,613

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    was pretty impressed with it too!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    If you want a new project after your little rocket, don't forget mine will be on sale beginning of 2005

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I wish! Still be paying for mine then...

    ...well, for the next stage anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Oooh, go on Rich, a nice twin turbo conversion on the V6 and 450 bhp we're off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  10. #9
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: A3 1.8T V\'s 3.2 quattro DSG

    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    was pretty impressed with it too!

    Rich

    [/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    If you want a new project after your little rocket, don't forget mine will be on sale beginning of 2005

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I wish! Still be paying for mine then...

    ...well, for the next stage anyway [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Oooh, go on Rich, a nice twin turbo conversion on the V6 and 450 bhp we're off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    couple of years... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO