What products to use for service on a 1.8T?

legal_ice

Reaction score
Hi my car needs a service and i want to spend some good money and get some decent products for it and take them down to the garage for them to fit.

The car is a 1.8T Quattro W-reg done 100,000 miles.

I've just bought the car recently and it has had quite abit done to the engine aswell. Currently running around 260bhp

Whats the best:

1) Spark plugs
2) Oil
Please could you also let me know what other bits i would need for the service.

Thanks

Ibs

Well if you want a major service, then

Oil 5W30 or 10W40
Oil/Pollen/Fuel filter
Spark Plugs NGK PFR6Q
Haldex oil & filter change
Coolant flush
Brake fluid (DOT 4 Fluid)
Gearbox oil change 75W90

Cambelt has been changed recently?

What work has been carried out on your car to achieve 260bhp?

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate. A few questions though.

Wats the difference between the 2 oils and which would be the better?
The NGK plugs would you say these are the best for my car coz i don't mind paying more aslong as i know it is going to be a better product.
The cambelt was changed at 58,000 would you say its about time i changed it again?

The car has got a hybrid turbo, bigger injectors, intercooler, revo stage 3 remap, k&n typhoon kit and a few other bits.

10w40 semi really wont be a good idea

5w30 was the long life oil, ideally you want a decent 5w40. get some quantum platinum from your dealer, thatll be fine

Forgive me if i sound abit stupid but i just have not got a clue when it comes to engines and oils and stuff.

When i bought the car a couple of months ago i thought i would get the oil changed straight away so i took it to a garage and they said they had put in a fully synthetic oil. It ran fine but after a few weeks everytime i pulled off and in lower revs you could really hear the insides of the engine and sounded really tickety if u know wat i mean. It sounded like the car had been ragged the shi* out of. Then i took it to another garage and they said the oil that had been put in was too thin. Does this sound true?

Cheers