RS4 style honeycomb grill

northern monkey

Reaction score
Just bought an S3 and new to the whole Audi modding world.
I want to have an RS4 style front grill still retaining the Audi rings. Does anyone know of anything on the Market? Or will I have to make something?

Graeme

Welcome Graeme
I haven't seen any,aren't the honeycombes quite large and you will miss the same effect as the grill is only small on an S3 ?

welcome to the forum Graeme... good name and spelt the correct way too!!

Ebay is you best bet, i can say that i have seen anything tho.

Graeme

As far as I've seen there isn't an "RS STYLE" honeycomb grill for the 8L S3, I'm half way through making my own,already chopped up a spare 8L grill, was going to use a genuine RS4 grill & chop it all down to fit the S3 but then seen there now over £100 but they only used to be about 40-£50 (bout 10 years ago when I had one on my A4 lol) If mine turns out good enough I'll post some pics.

Ewan.

I had thought of buying a badgless version as there seems to be quite a few around, and then try and fuse the rings panel from an old standard a3 grill.

Unless you do the lower grilles on the S3 too then I personally think it will look out of place....

There is a red A3 near where I live that has an RS4 style mesh grille and looks quite good but he still had the rings and I think that sets it off... IMO of course :)

Found this on ebay that may help you out...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330421007201

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys. I agree totally. All grills should be the same. What I'm trying to locate is the plinth that the audi rings sit on on the RS4. According to the ad on ebay the RS4's have a separate piece that comes off to mount the badge to. I also agree that the grill really needs the rings to set it off. I can find a badgeless A3 front honeycomb grill easily. It's adding the rings that I'm struggling with.

Plastic welding? If it's a neat job, are you going to be able to tell? Just spit balling :)

The badge mount is part of the grill on the B5 RS4 I think, also the bonnet release comes through one of the rings so will leave a gap, they may be on about the B7 which I'm not sure about the mount. Buying or making one with metal mesh would be easy enough but the metal tends to get stone chipped etc and rusts which look pretty rough, I'm doing mine with some plastic eBay stuff the same as in the above link, the quality is actually quite good and very close to the oem look. A bit more time with the dremal and some plastic welding mine should be done, this is my first S3 one and it sometimes takes two until I'm happy with them (got a thing for making custom grills lol) When I'm happy with it I'll post some pics.

Cheers ewan.