Spacer advice for my new wheels please :)

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Afternoon! A few bits of advice needed please!

My wheels are 8x18 ET35 and going to be lowered on coilovers.

I see people go for 15mm rear and 10mm front. Can i push it and go for 20mm on the rear? I wanna have the car sitting on the tyres nicely but i don't want scrubbing issues if i do spacers.

Then i was told i can't do 10mm on the front as i'll get vibrations or something like that and also get hubcentric ones?

What's a man to do!? Help!

Thanks all!

Jay

How low are you matey and what is the spec of your wheels? What spacers do you have? Also are they hubcentric?

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have the same size wheels as you Troppa and have the 10F/15R hubcentric H&R Spacers. They cost a packet compared to regular spacers but I didnt want to scrimp and then get issues... There is space to go wider but I stuck with the tried and tested option.

I know there are a few guys running 15F/20R but never heard any of them complain.

What did you end up paying Maz and where from? Saves me hunting around for the best price.

I got mine from http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ about a year and half ago when they were the cheapest. I also got a discounted price because my shocks/springs and exhaust were all from them.

I can't remember exactly how much but just over £100.

i have 10f and 25r with same wheel setup as you currently with coilovers wound right down, but at this setup you need to no what camber settings you want and also depends if you can get your car as low as mine if you went for this setup. to be safe though id go with 20mm rear. i recently put my 25m on to the front and think it would be ok but doubt it drive very well with such little et, so again to be safe max on front would be 20mm with 20mm front and rear the tyres would sit nicely in the arches if you want rears to apper to sit out a little more then the fronts go 15mm up front

i have 10f and 25r with same wheel setup as you currently with coilovers wound right down, but at this setup you need to no what camber settings you want and also depends if you can get your car as low as mine if you went for this setup. to be safe though id go with 20mm rear. i recently put my 25m on to the front and think it would be ok but doubt it drive very well with such little et, so again to be safe max on front would be 20mm with 20mm front and rear the tyres would sit nicely in the arches if you want rears to apper to sit out a little more then the fronts go 15mm up front

Thanks for that Kev :icon_thumright: I think i'm gonna do 20mm rear and 15mm front. Where did you get your spacers and what's the deal with 'you HAVE TO get hubcentric spacers'?

Cheers

Jay

Thanks for that Kev :icon_thumright: I think i'm gonna do 20mm rear and 15mm front. Where did you get your spacers and what's the deal with 'you HAVE TO get hubcentric spacers'?

Cheers

Jay

hubcentric is so the spacer sits onto the vehicle hub to centre the spacer so its not all reliant on the wheel bolts being done up square. also you then get the hub part on the other side of the spacer so the wheel sit onto the hub as it would normally again to make the wheel centre'd. if you dont use hubcentric then there is a chance the wheel wont be centred so will cause judder/vibration as if the wheel is massivly unbalanced.
you probbaly cant get non hubcentric at these sizes anyway :icon_thumright:

brought mine from dpm

hubcentric is so the spacer sits onto the vehicle hub to centre the spacer so its not all reliant on the wheel bolts being done up square. also you then get the hub part on the other side of the spacer so the wheel sit onto the hub as it would normally again to make the wheel centre'd. if you dont use hubcentric then there is a chance the wheel wont be centred so will cause judder/vibration as if the wheel is massivly unbalanced.

brought mine from dpm

I can get non hubcentric ones in these sizes no problem. So does that mean all those people who have non hubcentric spacers suffer from judders and vibrations? My friend has non hubs on hubcentrics on his car and he's doing fine. Its alot of money for spacers lol just don't want to spend tooooo much!

Thanks!

speak to mk1tony on ab25, he'll make you some! :) (hes got the fabia on air ride btw)

What are spacers like for stone chips as i want some on mine but dont wanna ruin my perfect paint! i think mudflaps might be an option for me but then i dont want them to catch when i lower it!?!

What are spacers like for stone chips as i want some on mine but dont wanna ruin my perfect paint! i think mudflaps might be an option for me but then i dont want them to catch when i lower it!?!
you are running the risk of stone chips depending how far out you push the wheels,

brought mine from dpm

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/wheel-spacers-vag-5100-571-c-2207_2868.html

£200 for a full set or more or less??

Sound right???