Supermarket Fuel ????

jiffi77

Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion regarding supermarket fuel ???
The mechanic that looks after my car believes that supermarket fuel is of a lesser quality than brands such as BP, Shell & Esso and says the increased in MPG's should offset the extra pence per litre.
What do the rest of yolu think.

I only ever use Optimax and seem to get 15-20 extra miles out of a tank, also with an Optimax pluspoints card you get 1p off per litre as well, so I reckon its cheaper.
My car seems to get the hump whenever I use straight unleaded, but that might just be the ECU taking time to adjust.

Yep I agree, plus I spend all day loading + delivering the stuff..BP million £ an hour profit theres a job...

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
I only ever use Optimax and seem to get 15-20 extra miles out of a tank, also with an Optimax pluspoints card you get 1p off per litre as well, so I reckon its cheaper.
My car seems to get the hump whenever I use straight unleaded, but that might just be the ECU taking time to adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you go about getting a pluspoints card?

I work for the leading supermarket chain in the country and can confirm that our fuel is **** **** **** **** **** ******** * /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif I wouldn't use anything but optimaz. Infact, I find that even BP ultimate made my jap cars run worse. But Supermarket fuel can contain a lot of water. And I know of many occaisions when cars have come into local garages with probs stemming from this.

i hav got to agree. its optimax all the way. bp what?? its pants in comparison. have to go out of my way to get it, but what the hell, a quck blat up the a11. yeehaa

[ QUOTE ]
have to go out of my way to get it, but what the hell, a quck blat up the a11. yeehaa

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be lucky, I can drive half a mile in 3 direction from my house and use a shell garage. Although gettin 50 mile of a tenner driving VERY sensibely I frequent each one quite regularly!!!!

A mates mitsubishi shogun had the petrol tank errode because he kept filling up at a cetain supermarket(all the additives) to get his club points.The car was less than 1 year old.I NEVER go to supermarkets optimax all the way.

mmm, our local supermarket is selling its Derv for 4ppl less than we are paying for it ourselves ho hum maybe there is a aqua content in it too LOL

[ QUOTE ]
A mates mitsubishi shogun had the petrol tank errode because he kept filling up at a cetain supermarket(all the additives) to get his club points.The car was less than 1 year old.I NEVER go to supermarkets optimax all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

club points eh, sounds like my supermarket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif stay well clear peeps

They do an Optimax card which gives more pluspoints when you fill up with Optimax, you can then convert the points to £10 vouchers online as well.

[ QUOTE ]
gek said:
[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you go about getting a pluspoints card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just go to a shell station, register and off you go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
They do an Optimax card which gives more pluspoints when you fill up with Optimax, you can then convert the points to £10 vouchers online as well.

[/ QUOTE ]'
I've got a plus points card, but how do you get an Optimax card? I've never seen it?